FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Warning: Stay Away From Ups Shipping!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
yea i remeber i ordered a paintball mask from a company with shipping and everything included, when ups comes to the door, 45$ brokeage fee, would have been cheaper to get the mask at a retail store.
Been there, learned the hard way. Lesson is never deal with UPS. Like Flo said, go else where if they won't do USPS.
Buddy of mine bought and amp and it came UPS today. He paid 200 for the amp and $109.53 brokerage fee. LOL
dabigmandan,Oct 27 2006, 03:37 PM Wrote:Buddy of mine bought and amp and it came UPS today. He paid 200 for the amp and $109.53 brokerage fee. LOL
[right][snapback]213612[/snapback][/right]

he got really owned
Doesn't UPS typically NOT charge a brokerage IF you are under $200, I thought that I read that on their website.
S2,Oct 27 2006, 04:52 PM Wrote:Doesn't UPS typically NOT charge a brokerage IF you are under $200, I thought that I read that on their website.
[right][snapback]213614[/snapback][/right]
No, UPS always charges the brokerage.

US Post is hit and miss for small items whether they broker it or charge tax/duty.

I've had stuff as high as $90 come over tax/duty free by US Post.

I've been charged brokerage fees on stuff as low as $18 by UPS.
...man, if this is such a huge rip off that is pisssssing a lot of people off....i just dont know why it's not mentioned enough! I've done all kinds of searching and researching and never once came across this UPS issue..... i hope that guy in BC goes all the way to the supreme court with this and hack up that company to kibbles and bits!

yea i dont ever pay brokerage fees or taxs anymore, i have a mail box in buffalo and i send all my s*** there, then i make fake recipts to make my s*** cost less than 150$ and the border people never stop me.
kamilk69,Oct 27 2006, 10:15 PM Wrote:yea i dont ever pay brokerage fees or taxs anymore, i have a mail box in buffalo and i send all my s*** there, then i make fake recipts to make my s*** cost less than 150$ and the border people never stop me.
[right][snapback]213656[/snapback][/right]

:lol: or you could do that...
I just had to pay $97.00 in Brokerage fees yesterday to UPS. The lady at the delivery company that UPS turned my box over to, said that it's a little "Thank you finger-in-the-pie" from the cdn and us gov't. Free trade DOES NOT EXSIST
Drivesthebeast,Oct 28 2006, 11:06 AM Wrote:I just had to pay $97.00 in Brokerage fees yesterday to UPS.  The lady at the delivery company that UPS turned my box over to, said that it's a little "Thank you finger-in-the-pie" from the cdn and us gov't.  Free trade DOES NOT EXSIST
[right][snapback]213682[/snapback][/right]

Huh??? When you bring stuff over that was made in NA there is NO DUTY. You only pay the taxes. The brokerage fee charged by UPS has nothing to do with the Gov't. They keep all the money.

Usually when you pay UPS for your pkg it is a combined total of PST, GST and brokerage. So your $97 was probably mostly taxes and then the remainder was the fee charged by UPS to rape you for shipping.
Regardless, it's a blatant cash grab.

The End.
They must have taken some pointers from my insurance company (ICBC) :rolleyes:
for brokerage fees. DHL has the best policy.

but i can relate, I wish I kept all of the brokerage receipts so i could add myself to this class action. I might call him because I tracked him down and tell him that he has my support. Id say I have spent probably $250 in brokerage fees over the year.
I called him and left it on his voicemail, Im interested in helping out in any way I can :)
Pages: 1 2