FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mbrp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My MBRP Catback arrived Monday and I got it in Tuesday.
I am very happy with it. $319.00 delivered to my door. Well packaged and everything included. Great customer service from Ed at MBRP.
But best of all is the performance / sound.
It has a nice little growl to it without being annoying. It won't bother the neighbors.
Around 1900 RPM there is a little harmonic resonance but it is actually pleasing.
I don't notice much in the way of a power increase from a standing stop. But in a passing situation when you mash it down you definately notice a difference.
I'm really happy with it. If you are looking at a catback system I don't think you can go wrong with this.
And thanks to all of you here who recommended this system.
im glad you like yours.....yea i think mbrp power band only starting to work from 4000rpm to 5500rpm im im correct

3rd gear is the best for it
I dunno, I think the Duratec makes its power a little lower in the rev band as I find I can get a nice howl going just north of 3K if I mash it (Mind you it's an autotragic so :unsure: )

With the MBRP & the exhaust I can induce wheelspin (and the traction control) from a standing start easily (almost too easily) whereas stock it took a lot more to get the slipping & the killjoy action...

Of course I'm gonna have new tires as of tonight so I'll see if new rubber makes any difference (Nokian WR All Weather Plus 2)

NefCanuck
I think I'm the ONLY guy on this board who still hasn't strapped one of these on my car. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Oct 27 2006, 02:12 PM Wrote:I think I'm the ONLY guy on this board who still hasn't strapped one of these on my car. :lol:
[right][snapback]213570[/snapback][/right]

Nope!

I'm with you bro. I'll get mine next summer.
It's good to hear you're happy with it! They're really one of the best bang-for-your-buck systems out there. And, they'll always win out with me as a made-in-Canada solution.
Alien-Tek,Oct 27 2006, 01: Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Oct 27 2006, 02:12 PM Wrote:I think I'm the ONLY guy on this board who still hasn't strapped one of these on my car. :lol:
[right][snapback]213570[/snapback][/right]

Nope!

I'm with you bro. I'll get mine next summer.
[right][snapback]213583[/snapback][/right]

Me 2.
NefCanuck,Oct 27 2006, 02:03 PM Wrote:(Mind you it's an autotragic so :unsure: )
NefCanuck
[right][snapback]213568[/snapback][/right]
I'm tragically automatic as well. But I've owned a Mustang, a Cuda, and a Vette all of which were sticks. I've retired my left foot.
Fader,Oct 27 2006, 03:34 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 27 2006, 02:03 PM Wrote:(Mind you it's an autotragic so :unsure: )
NefCanuck
[right][snapback]213568[/snapback][/right]
I'm tragically automatic as well. But I've owned a Mustang, a Cuda, and a Vette all of which were sticks. I've retired my left foot.
[right][snapback]213599[/snapback][/right]

Ah... but I've never been able to drive a stick, so I'll never know the joy of the two foot shuffle... of course I won't ever know the "joy" of toasting a clutch either so :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 27 2006, 04:15 PM Wrote:Ah... but I've never been able to drive a stick, so I'll never know the joy of the two foot shuffle... of course I won't ever know the "joy" of toasting a clutch either so :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]213608[/snapback][/right]
There is nothing like the smell of burnt clutch in the morning, it smells like victory. OK, it really smells like crap, but that is such a great quote.

Fader