FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 20 Gb Ipod Trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I am sitting at my desk at work listening to my iPod like I do every day when all of a sudden it quits. I cannot re boot it and all I get on the screen is a sad little iPod. I check the on-line help section and do the setps to switch it to disc mode and nothing.

So at lunch I go off to Sherway Gardens and go into the Apple store and have them take a look at it and check my waranty. Well it turns out the Hard Disc is on its way out and I am out of manufacturers warranty, by 3 weeks. But I have an extended warranty from Future Shop so I go there after work tonight and turn it in for repair. Well 4 to 6 weeks from now they should be able to tell me what is wrong with it. If it is not repairable or it will cost to mush to fix I will be getting a 30GB Video as a replacement.

Hopefully it wont take as long as they say but what can I do? Live goes on, only without my music.
Y'see it's stories like this that make me wary of buying a HD based iPod...

Here's hoping they can diagnose things quickly for you...

Of course I have no idea whether or not the iTrip for the Focus will work with a Nano iPod yet :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 26 2006, 07:32 PM Wrote:Y'see it's stories like this that make me wary of buying a HD based iPod...

Here's hoping they can diagnose things quickly for you...

Of course I have no idea whether or not the iTrip for the Focus will work with a Nano iPod yet :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]213512[/snapback][/right]

Well after my experience at the Apple store at Sherway Gardens I would suggest you go there. They were very helpfull. I am sure if you only went in looking for information they would be more than acomidating. BTW its full of every Apple computer on the market.
If you're leary, I'd suggest buying an AppleCare waranty. They are pretty all encompasing. Not the cheapest, but you deal direct with Apple.

Ryan
Kev this doesn't sound so bad... broken 20gb Ipod, and you might get a 30gb instead?

I'd wait 4-6 weeks for that.
Check the date of this thread. I've been through 2 iTouches and now I'm on an iPhone. Spammers bringing stuff back from the dead.
hahaha damn it.