FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Hate Immigration.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the latest from the CIC website about processing times. If they received the book of our lives on or before the date listed below, its just now starting to get processed. And then the estimate listed below that.

Spouse, Common-Law or Conjugal Partner, Dependent Children and Other Relatives
CPC Mississauga
September 18, 2006
44 days

We mailed ours on the 18th, so it arrived on the 19th. Missed by a day.
Hopefully this updates soon.
stay out of my country you terrorist commie!!!

:P

immigration just slows things down for the honest folk...
torradan,Oct 25 2006, 01:01 PM Wrote:Here is the latest from the CIC website about processing times.  If they received the book of our lives on or before the date listed below, its just now starting to get processed.  And then the estimate listed below that.

CPC Mississauga
September 18,  2006
44 days

We mailed ours on the 18th, so it arrived on the 19th.  Missed by a day.
[right][snapback]213329[/snapback][/right]
That wasn't you I saw at the Rainbow Bridge with the "American Terrorist" bumper sticker, was it?
torradan,Oct 25 2006, 01:01 PM Wrote:Here is the latest from the CIC website about processing times.  If they received the book of our lives on or before the date listed below, its just now starting to get processed.  And then the estimate listed below that.

CPC Mississauga
September 18,  2006
44 days

That's just stage one, for approval in principal, to actually get landed you'll be waiting another 8 - 9 months according to one of the lawyers that deals with immigration at my office :blink:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 25 2006, 01:35 PM Wrote:

CPC Mississauga
September 18,  2006
44 days

That's just stage one, for approval in principal, to actually get landed you'll be waiting another 8 - 9 months according to one of the lawyers that deals with immigration at my office :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]213335[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I know that part :( We just want a human looking at this stuff. Currently, the CIC office in Buffalo is set at 4 months.
torradan,Oct 25 2006, 01:39 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 25 2006, 01:35 PM Wrote:

CPC Mississauga
September 18,  2006
44 days

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]213335[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I know that part :( We just want a human looking at this stuff. Currently, the CIC office in Buffalo is set at 4 months.
[right][snapback]213337[/snapback][/right]

Dude if you want a human looking at those papers, CIC is the last place you wanna send anything :rolleyes: Those robotrons have about as much independent free thought as a Tamagotchi :(

NefCanuck
So I'm in Toronto this weekend. Friday, we're standing at the theater to purchase Saw 3 tickets (don't bother, pretty much sucked)..

Michelle's phone rings.. She answers... Its her mom. She's all hurried on the phone like come on.. come on.. yeah yeah... get to the meat of things. Meanwhile, I'm totally in the dark, and her eyes start welling up.

Then she starts crying, right there, in the lobby of the theater. So I'm thinking, someone or something died.

We got a letter from CIC... Her sponsorship has been approved! And all of my paperwork "meets the minimum requirements" and is on it's way to Buffalo now for processing.

What a good weekend!

They need to fix their website.
torradan,Oct 30 2006, 08:04 AM Wrote:So I'm in Toronto this weekend.  Friday, we're standing at the theater to purchase Saw 3 tickets (don't bother, pretty much sucked).. 

Michelle's phone rings.. She answers... Its her mom.  She's all hurried on the phone like come on.. come on.. yeah yeah... get to the meat of things.  Meanwhile, I'm totally in the dark, and her eyes start welling up.

Then she starts crying, right there, in the lobby of the theater.  So I'm thinking, someone or something died.

We got a letter from CIC... Her sponsorship has been approved!  And all of my paperwork "meets the minimum requirements" and is on it's way to Buffalo now for processing.

What a good weekend!

They need to fix their website.
[right][snapback]213833[/snapback][/right]

Congratulations... and don't worry, they'll update the website, after the next election <_<

NefCanuck
did u get laid?
DD1,Oct 30 2006, 10:54 PM Wrote:did u get laid?
[right][snapback]213961[/snapback][/right]
:lol: :lol:

congrats!!!!
DD1,Oct 30 2006, 11:54 PM Wrote:did u get laid?
[right][snapback]213961[/snapback][/right]

Oh yeah I done got me some serious lovin' that night.
Well, lets ressurect this.

A few updates to anyone that cares:

Letter dated Nov 6 - received info that my crap is being processed.
Letter dated Nov 14 - notifying me that they need additional documentation. Need a police cerfiticate/report of no criminal activity from the RCMP.

Yay more fingerprints! This is going to be the 4th set in a year. Makes me feel like Steve Martin in My Blue Heaven, where he just does the fingerprints himself without the police holding guiding his fingers across the paper.

On this letter, it boldly states: This information must be submitted within 90 days.

Look on RCMP's website, fingerprinting services can exceed 120 days. Of course, there is no number to call the consulate and speak to a human. Sent off an email to the consulte regarding this, which will probably never be received by anyone. Going to call the RCMP later and see how accurate their 120 days is.

Good times.
Best thing you can do is submit your request (Send it registered mail so you have poroof of delivery) and if you haven't gotten back anything from the RCMP by say day 75, get in touch with immigration, explaining that you have sent the request, have proof of when you sent it and that the RCMP haven't responded yet.

Believe me, in my line of work I'd kill for a 120 day turnaround on some of the stuff I deal with <_<

NefCanuck
Just called this private fingerprinting joint, "International Fingerprinting Service".. Michelle had gone there to get a background check when she worked for the TTC, and they're a recognized fingerprinting place. The guy I talked to there said that the turn around is about 5 weeks.

Also said to show up an hour early, because if I showed up on time (when they open at 10), I'd be waiting for 2-3 hours. :( DAMN IMMIGRANTS!

So that makes me a not-as-sad panda.
Good news, yeah, whenever you have to show up at an agency like that, show up at least an hour early, or bring a good book. When I got my Canadian passport done in '02 I waited around in line for an hour <_<

Thank god I had all my paperwork in order, I wasn't looking forward to going back and standing in the lines again, my knee hated me for a while :ph34r:

And I get to do it all over again in Dec '07 (Thank you Canadian government, 5 year passports :wtf: :rolleyes: )

NefCanuck
Horray for 10 year passports!

And ours can get renewed via mail.. hehe
Just send in application, new photos, old passport, and a money order.
torradan,Nov 16 2006, 01:05 PM Wrote:Horray for 10 year passports!

And ours can get renewed via mail.. hehe
Just send in application, new photos, old passport, and a money order.
[right][snapback]216276[/snapback][/right]

In theory you can do it by mail here as well. Reality? Unless you live longer than an hour away from a passport office never EVER send your passport app & docs by mail...

I mean hell they want your original birth cert with your passport app FFS <_<

I'd rather go in person, hand the stuff over to a live human being and get a receipt for my stuff. It gets lost then, I raise hell.

Five years, christ even my Swiss passport is good for ten years :ph34r:

NefCanuck