FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looking For After Market Flex Pipe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so my header is gonna be here any minute.....so my other deal with flex pipe is not happening any more.soooo i am looking to buy an after market flex pipe ...Focus sport and so on
preferebly local pick ups but shippin is alright too
well let me know guys

Nick
You know what I did? Pulled the flexpipe off my car, took it down to a local exhaust shop and got them to make a replica of mine but 2.5". Cost me about $100 but thats cheaper than getting one from trubendz.
now that sounds interesting.....how long did it take them?
p.s. if i won't go that rout ^^^^ whats a good place to order one?
i got my BOSAL from work. PM if your interested.
bigman,Oct 25 2006, 04:32 PM Wrote:i got my BOSAL from work.  PM if your interested.
[right][snapback]213375[/snapback][/right]

pm sent
so i get home from work today...open the door and i see this box
[Image: Picture119.jpg]

open it and here it is....

[Image: Picture120.jpg]

can't wait to install it
just put mine on yesterday it was a "fun" couple of hours, the egr is a f**cker ,expect it to be loud
focus19,Oct 25 2006, 11:51 PM Wrote:just put mine on yesterday it was a "fun" couple of hours, the egr is a f**cker ,expect it to be loud
[right][snapback]213405[/snapback][/right]

now are u running it with a stock flex or after market one?

02ztsian

You will really like it. I found the quality of mine to be very good, and check out the thickness of the flange. Plus, it has the prefered 1-4 and 2-3 pairings in it's 4-2-1 design, just like the SVT header.
NikiterZTS,Oct 26 2006, 08:41 AM Wrote:
focus19,Oct 25 2006, 11:51 PM Wrote:just put mine on yesterday it was a "fun" couple of hours, the egr is a f**cker ,expect it to be loud
[right][snapback]213405[/snapback][/right]

now are u running it with a stock flex or after market one?
[right][snapback]213423[/snapback][/right]

aftermarket, focus central
can't wait to start workin on it...but this flex pipe buissness is really holding me off

goin to go to this one "muffler man" shop after work...my buddy has a relative working there...need to see how much would he charge me for welding a high flow cat
so i went to the muffler shop yestarday......the guy quoted me roughly $80-$100 to weld high flow cat ......

but yea my next e-test is in 2 years.....so all i need for now is a bigger flex.....

just a quastion.....i measured my OBX header and it has diameter of 2.25"

and i see that most of flex pipes are 2.5" will the flanges for header and flex work fine togethere that way?

like the header and flex i can do myself....and after i'll take it to some shop to weld that cat on.....
if anyone know where to get a flex for a really good price please let me know.....for some reason they are pricey.....

and yes i asked the guy if he could make me a replica but then he was like "you are looking at straight time, and i don't think i have those flanges" .....like damn man....your shop is called "Muffler man" a flang shouldn't be a problem
You should look for a 2.25" flex instead of a 2.5" flex. With exhaust the smoother the passages the better. If you are going from 2.25" to 2.5" and then back to your 2.25" exhaust then there will be a turbulent section when it hits your 2.25" flange.
dBlast,Oct 27 2006, 01:43 PM Wrote:You should look for a 2.25" flex instead of a 2.5" flex.  With exhaust the smoother the passages the better.  If you are going from 2.25" to 2.5" and then back to your 2.25" exhaust then there will be a turbulent section when it hits your 2.25" flange.
[right][snapback]213585[/snapback][/right]

i kinda had that in mind,,,,..does focus sport make their flex in 2.25'" at all?
Nick,
try these guys, for a flex and cat. They've been helpful to me in the past. They're prices are pretty good too.

http://www.exhaustdirect.com

Group buy maybe? :D
Ill get in on the Group for a 2.25 Flex...
ok guys...any idea where we can get this group buy on flex pipe? (2.25" for me)
Alien-Tek,Oct 27 2006, 02: Wrote:Nick,
try these guys, for a flex and cat. They've been helpful to me in the past. They're prices are pretty good too.

http://www.exhaustdirect.com
[right][snapback]213596[/snapback][/right]

so i called them...really good customer service...but they do not make after market compelete flex pipes

but the guy was really helpfule

and he said they do group buys
Pages: 1 2