FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is This A Good Deal Zx5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey boys, one of my closest friends is looking at a Focus for tooting around town. He's got a newborn baby and will need to strap in baby seats and strollerst etc...

He's got a busget of 8.5k flat! NO ROOM FOR MOVEMENT.

He found this car over the weekend and was wondering oif it were a car worth taking seriously.

I'll make sure I tell him to make sure ALL recalls were carried out BEFORE he gets serious.

Anything else he should look at?
(he'll be checking this thread.)

It's for a very good friend of mine.
Seems like an alrite price. Checking out autotrader for the km's on it, thats about what most focus' are going for. So if he's happy with it, I'd say its prolly a good deal.
Didn't look at the link, but for the zx5, there was, I think 2 recalls.. the rear door latches and the springs.

But good news! I just happen to have a spare full stock zx5 suspension in my locker!
I bought a 2002 ZX5 a couple of months ago. 110k and paid a couple hundred more than the asking prince on this one.

Although it may not be true for the car your friend is considering he may be interested in knowing what I needed to do after I bought it as the kilometers are close. Of coure it may have been maintained differently than the one I bought.

I found I had to replace the air filter, the right rear wheel bearing and the rear brakes. Wheels and tires were out of balance and it needed an allighnment.

Overall I am very happy with the car. But I did need to put a little into it.
Only things I'll note is that it has high mileage for an '03 assuming 20K a year is average, it should be somewhere around 60K.

This car is sitting at 101,017KM according to the website, so 40K over.

Additionally and I don't have an '03 Focus maintenance schedule handy, but aren't there some major services due around that many KM? Check to see that those have been done (I wanna say either plugs or tranny, cause the rad would have already been flushed at 60K)

NefCanuck
Yeah, even our car needed serious service at 60K when we bought it over 2 years ago. We're just sitting at 100006 KMs as of last week.

I'd have the CV joints checked, as well as brakes and steering gear. If it was subjected to a lot of mileage, hopefully the maintenance was always done on time. That's a lot of hoping when referring to most folks, however.

The Sangria Red is a nice choice in colours ;)

It looks sweet, it's loaded... an ideal get-around car for a new family.

If it all works out, he won't be disappointed.
i doubt he wants a modded car, but i mihgt need ot sell my car in a hurry and would take 8.5k .....i have zx3 with 77kms on it 2001
brucktown,Oct 24 2006, 01:10 PM Wrote:i doubt he wants a modded car, but i mihgt need ot sell my car in a hurry and would take 8.5k .....i have zx3 with 77kms on it 2001
[right][snapback]213200[/snapback][/right]

As nice as your car is....

Not sure a supercharged lowered and kitted car is something his wife would be intrested in :P
ANTHONYD,Oct 24 2006, 05:21 PM Wrote:
brucktown,Oct 24 2006, 01:10 PM Wrote:i doubt he wants a modded car, but i mihgt need ot sell my car in a hurry and would take 8.5k .....i have zx3 with 77kms on it 2001

Not sure a supercharged lowered and kitted car is something his wife would be intrested in :P
[right][snapback]213202[/snapback][/right]

are you kidding me who cares about his wife, you know how much pussy he could get with this car hahahah jk.......but if anyone has any firends or anything that are looking for a nice modded car that has been babied, then mine is it!
If I had the money I probably would scoop it from you fro a project car.
That's too much money for that car. Mine is a 2001 with less than 132,000 on it, and it is only worth half of what they want for that ZX5...or so the redbook value goes...(think that's biased BS anyways, and that old hondas and toyotas shouldn't be worth the same as my car...yes, I've looked).

I think your friend should get a ZTW or SE wagon...
I think it's a little pricy...I have a 2000 with 130,000km... That car has alot of KM on it.
ANTHONYD,Oct 24 2006, 01:21 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]213202[/snapback][/right]
His car is not SC
I'll let mine go for 8-1/2, you know its cherry and I think there is about 85K on it mostly me commuting to Hamilton. Dont need TWO Focus' in my driveway do I? ;)
Trust me when I say this as I have had two foci and 4 nephews in the car at any point in time and all in the age bracket of 0 months to 13 years old over a 6 year time frame and I found with all the stuff a family starting out needs a lot of room, and a sedan and wagon would be a much better choice as they can carry a lot more items then the ZX5 or ZX3. With a new baby and small children in the car they are going to be having stuff like a stroller, car seat(s) booster seats, dipper bags, and what ever else comes along with a young family and it's a lot of stuff and if they are an active family a focus wagon would be a far better choice as it's all the room they will need for quite a while.
2001 ZTS,Oct 25 2006, 08:03 AM Wrote:I'll let mine go for 8-1/2, you know its cherry and I think there is about 85K on it mostly me commuting to Hamilton. Dont need TWO Focus' in my driveway do I? ;)
[right][snapback]213274[/snapback][/right]

Funny.

The guy looking for the car is the Hydrographer.

Let's get together and talk shipping!

yar!

I'll let him know.
Frost__2001,Oct 25 2006, 08:27 AM Wrote:Trust me when I say this as I have had two foci and 4 nephews in the car at any point in time and all in the age bracket of 0 months to 13 years old over a 6 year time frame and I found with all the stuff a family starting out needs a lot of room, and a sedan and wagon would be a much better choice as they can carry a lot more items then the ZX5 or ZX3. With a new baby and small children in the car they are going to be having stuff like a stroller, car seat(s) booster seats, dipper bags, and what ever else comes along with a young family and it's a lot of stuff and if they are an active family a focus wagon would be a far better choice as it's all the room they will need for quite a while.
[right][snapback]213278[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, he turned down a P5 because the stroller wouldn't fit. He was telloing me the dealer was trying EVERYTHING to get the stroller to fit! :lol:

Nothing like watching a sale go down the toilet right in front of your face. :lol:
No problem Anthony. I could pop by CCIW on Friday or next Wednesday if he'd like. It would be with all the enhancements, certified, e-test, a fresh oil change and the stock wheels. My OZ wheels and winter wheels are going to Ashly.

I know your buddy would prefer a hatch but I managed with my "baby" boy for six years didnt I?
Thanks Sailor!

I sent him your info.
ANTHONYD,Oct 25 2006, 08:33 AM Wrote:Yeah, he turned down a P5 because the stroller wouldn't fit. He was telloing me the dealer was trying EVERYTHING to get the stroller to fit! :lol:

Nothing like watching a sale go down the toilet right in front of your face. :lol:
[right][snapback]213280[/snapback][/right]

:D Same sort of thing happened to me when I tried to get into a smaller GM car when I was shopping to replace the Olds. I tried getting into and out of an Olds Alero sedan and my dad was watching the salesman watch me climb in and out of the car.

He said the salesman's face fell down to around his belt buckle as he realized there was no way I was going to buy that car :P (I refused to even attempt a Cavelier, I like my spine where it is thanks :lol:)

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2