FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Place Do You Guys Take Your Parts To?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey,

I have recently been looking around for someone to drop the head I bought in along with the cams I Have.

where do people either on Vancouver Island, or around the lwoer mainland that would do good work and not charge me an arm and a leg?

thanks
~lorne
folks might cringe at this but, I say a good dealership. I use Browns Brother Ford in Vancouver. They will warranty the work done but, of course not your parts unless you've purchased the aftermarket items from them directly
FociBC,Oct 27 2006, 01:34 PM Wrote:folks might cringe at this but, I say a good dealership.  I use Browns Brother Ford in Vancouver.  They will warranty the work done but, of course not your parts unless you've purchased the aftermarket items from them directly
[right][snapback]213579[/snapback][/right]

i think dealer is the last place i'd take to put lets say my cams and cam gears....don't get me wrong...they will do it right (i hope) but what they charge an hour is just stupid....i'll cost ya more to install your stuff there then to actually buy them

ask your friends for some alright mechanic....he/she should do a good job and not charge u up the ass
hm, well I called around to dealerships around town, and all the ford wont touch aftermarket parts, so im kinda screwed there.

I know a guy who built his truck from the frame up, and it was a Ford, maybe I will try and get him to help me
yea def get somebody who knows how to do cams......i still have to find a guy down here to do them for me......my buddy did his at at his mechanic.....charged him $360

thats way too much.....
ouch, I read the repair book for our cars. it just requires some common sense, it is pretty easy to do if you have the right tools.
PerfectSaiyan,Oct 30 2006, 11:31 PM Wrote:ouch, I read the repair book for our cars.  it just requires some common sense, it is pretty easy to do if you have the right tools.
[right][snapback]213970[/snapback][/right]

with cams and cams gears i'd still take it to someone professional or who actually does KNOW how to do it....
i wouldn't try it myself ....im just a bolt on guy :D