FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: panties in a bucnh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry, wasn't quite myself that night/morning, 16 Corona's tend to make say stupid s*** sometimes. :unsure:
Thanks for the replies guys!

I think I've been gone from focusbc for about 8-9 months now? how long will it take you guys to finally move on?

Quote:the block should be good for 300+fwhp if the tuning is there.
Orangesvt is doing almost 350fwhp on his stock SVT motor, so the rods and pistons can handle a fair amount of abuse and power.
thanks for telling me the info, I am looking for stronger internals though, so on this i will pass, but it is a good deal though!
What sorta power do you want to put down on the car Lorne?

If you looking at getting into racing as I've seen in some other post elsewhere. You don't want massive amounts of power.

Do you know what class of racing you even what to go into?

Oh and Lorne if you wanna be a man about this whole Focusbc thing.. Just ignore it.. Instead of showing your manhood by stating that you've moved on.

sorry for the hijack Mitch.. Just trying to help Lorne out here.
FociBC,Oct 26 2006, 03:30 AM Wrote:What sorta power do you want to put down on the car Lorne?

If you looking at getting into racing as I've seen in some other post elsewhere.  You don't want massive amounts of power. 

Do you know what class of racing you even what to go into?

Oh and Lorne if you wanna be a man about this whole Focusbc thing.. Just ignore it.. Instead of showing your manhood by stating that you've moved on.

sorry for the hijack Mitch.. Just trying to help Lorne out here.
[right][snapback]213401[/snapback][/right]

well, actually I am asking when HE is going to move on, but thats neither here nor there.

I am only looking for around 300-320 to the wheels, and then having nitrous for track days and dragstrip days. so I would want something to withstand 350-420whp when all is said and done. Since I have essentially everything I need sans built block, I was wondering how much the internals in that block could handle.
How do you plan on keeping all that power to the ground? Is what I am more concerned about.
I have some sticky tires, dif, clutch, etc....with 200+whp, its hard to keep the tires from breaking loose. With 400+whp, Id be surprised if you had traction in any gear....lol
Flofocus,Oct 27 2006, 07:12 AM Wrote:I have some sticky tires, dif, clutch, etc....with 200+whp, its hard to keep the tires from breaking loose.  With 400+whp, Id be surprised if you had traction in any gear....lol
[right][snapback]213547[/snapback][/right]

Well, that's what I am saying. A fwd can easily do well, with 300whp if your setup correctly and can drive it without being a jackass.

Lorne look at some of the SVT post on FJ with suppliers saying talking about loose of traction with massive amounts of WHP. Not saying it can't be done. Just might not be worth shooting that high.

If you converted to say a RWD or an AWD vehicle then you'd be able to handle the power much better.

This is one of the reasons why FWD cars aren't high HP vehicles.
It's kind of ironic, really, considering that the engine is right over the front wheels. Although, it is a pull scenario and not a push scenario.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 27 2006, 02:38 PM Wrote:It's kind of ironic, really, considering that the engine is right over the front wheels. Although, it is a pull scenario and not a push scenario.
[right][snapback]213581[/snapback][/right]
Problem is weight distribution during acceleration.

Both FWD and RWD cars shift their weight to the rear when you drop the hammer.

FWDs lose traction, RWDs gain it.
Good point, and I knew this (to an extent) although I'm far from an amateur drag racer.

So if Puppet hooks up each and every time he "drops the hammer"... some weight isn't being distributed? :ph34r:

Oh wait, he has a Stang now... nm. :D

The title of this tread made a promise of panties. I wait, and still no panties.

I'll have to do it myself.

[Image: ciberpanties.jpg]
So, how did this thread get started? I don't recall starting it...
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 27 2006, 03:13 PM Wrote:So if Puppet hooks up each and every time he "drops the hammer"... some weight isn't being distributed? :ph34r:[right][snapback]213594[/snapback][/right]
Not touching that one.... :unsure:

:lol:
OAC_Sparky,Oct 27 2006, 03:41 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 27 2006, 03:13 PM Wrote:So if Puppet hooks up each and every time he "drops the hammer"... some weight isn't being distributed? :ph34r:[right][snapback]213594[/snapback][/right]
Not touching that one.... :unsure:

:lol:
[right][snapback]213602[/snapback][/right]

putting me in the front seat is akin to having wheelie bars... I just keep the weight over the fronts...
focusracer,Oct 27 2006, 12:38 PM Wrote:So, how did this thread get started? I don't recall starting it...
[right][snapback]213600[/snapback][/right]

Hi-jacking a for sale thread then humping Lorne while you were drunk :P
I wasn't that drunk, I would've still felt for boobs :unsure: Besides, someone's messing with my head and moved it here last night
ZX3tuning moved it from is sale thread.
^^^^^^^^^
Correct SIR!

didn't think your bickering needed to be in a for sale thread, mine or anyone else's. :)

you should be able to tell, my signature horrible spelling is right at the top! ;)
focusracer,Oct 22 2006, 10:15 PM Wrote:Sorry, wasn't quite myself that night/morning, 16 Corona's tend to make say stupid s*** sometimes. :unsure:
[right][snapback]212969[/snapback][/right]

atleast you drink a man's beer.:rolleyes:
This is the gayest thread ever on this site.

I am not surprised it came from the west. :lol: