FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Catback Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been searching and reading a lot about installing the catback myself. It seems the only tricky part could be removing the stock (as you have to cut it in 2 pieces).

But if there are any good shops you guys know of that can install it for me, I'd be glad to check them out. Preferrably places you have been to yourself and know and trust their workmanship.

I was at richmond hill muffler shop earlier this week and asked them how much it would cost to have them install a full cat-back for me and they said around $130. I think that's expensive just to install it.

Know anyone or anyplace that can remove the stock and install the new cat-back for a better price?

Thanks
Where do you live?

Bring the Beer And some Good Rotozip blades, And ill help ya do it.
It's just a couple of bolts to take off and get some new gaskets. To do my MagnaFlow took about 2 hours to do.
It's not that hard, i've done it before too, just make sure you have hardware to replace the bolts you're gonna snap off.
if you want bring it to hamilton, well stick the car on jacks, and it will be done in 2 hours. and for gaskets, just use the ultra copper squeez stuff, i used it on the seal to my downpipe from my turbo and it worked beautiful.
i'm in north york. thanks for the offers....how much do you charge?
if u won't end up with any of the member's help....you can always go to some shop.......they did mine for $90.......i could of done it myself but had like no tools
i wouldnt charge you a cent, the thing is that it would probably be done on my driveway, and im not a licensed mechanic or anything, but i did make my own turbo kit, so im not completely useless.
NikiterZTS,Oct 23 2006, 07:18 PM Wrote:if u won't end up with any of the member's help....you can always go to some shop.......they did mine for $90.......i could of done it myself but had like no tools
[right][snapback]213123[/snapback][/right]

where did u get it done for $90?
cornflakes,Oct 24 2006, 12:21 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Oct 23 2006, 07:18 PM Wrote:if u won't end up with any of the member's help....you can always go to some shop.......they did mine for $90.......i could of done it myself but had like no tools
[right][snapback]213123[/snapback][/right]

where did u get it done for $90?
[right][snapback]213158[/snapback][/right]

hehe well i trusted the Midos touch

nice guys, mine took a lil longer cuz they had to weld an extra 6 inches to my pipe at the end