FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gm Country
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but, here goes. I live just east of Oshawa, in GM Country. There are three Auto Parts stores in town, CT, NAPA and Carquest. Although there are multidudes of GM vehicles in town, I have seen quite a few Focus's around. Actually, one of them, a dark blue ZX5 had a FOCUSCANADA.NET decal on their car, that's how I found this site. Anyhow, I am getting a little frustrated, that whenever I need a part, unless it's a universal part, I have to get it ordered. Maybe I should move to Oakville. Thanks for letting me vent.

P.S. I had a 96 Buick Regal for a couple of years, anytime I needed a part, which was quite often, unless it was an engine, it was always in stock.
well even here in Kitchener at partsource i (thought) i needed a new coil pack......they had to order it.....insted they ordered plug wires......either way even those parts had to be ordered and they didn't have them in stock
I find most parts that I'm looking for for the focus are never in stock. Even the ford dealers don't carry alot of focus parts. So feel better friend, its not just you.
oldeguy,Oct 21 2006, 10:09 AM Wrote:Actually, one of them, a dark blue ZX5 had a FOCUSCANADA.NET decal on their car, that's how I found this site. [right][snapback]212820[/snapback][/right]

Hahahaha that's my Mom's car! LOL (formerly my sister's car) with some of my hand me down parts....

But as for ordering... yeah most shops that is the only way, although CT usually gets there stuff in real quick (mostly next day)

Also you can try Performance Improvements on Simcoe N in Oshawa, but do your homework cuz they really don't know much there about our cars

most of my stuff has come off ebay or off US focus sites used

As others have said. Focus parts aren't as common, even at Ford dealers, necessitating return trips to have non emergency repairs completed. Part of the car's Eurpean heritage shining through? ;) (Getting parts for euro cars is a real PITA :lol: )

NefCanuck