FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Owners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, I don't want to get anybody pissed off, after all, it's Saturday. I've been a member since August, and have learned some things, and have had a few laughs, and gotten some help with fixing things on my Focus.

I've noticed that a lot of us no longer own or drive a Focus anymore, and am just a little curious as to the reasons why. Personally, unless Ford either stops building them, or they become so boring to drive, like the Corolla, I can see myself driving one for quite a long time. Unless I become a millionaire. Then, I'll go and get a European Focus

I know people's situations change, where they may need a bigger vehicle for family reasons, or work, but, hey, the Focus is a fairly versatile vehicle.

So, maybe, we could get a little discussion about who still has and who doesn't have a Focus anymore.
Well, now I have a F150 SuperCrew...It's bigger and 4 doors. But I still have my focus for summer driving because it's has a turbo. Don't get me wrong I love the Focus, but I needed something bigger and more usefull because I live in the country(woods) and my focus couldn't really pull a big trailer..:lol:

But, I LOVE THE FOCUS!
Focus is the only car i own....4 doors....some mods........if i need something to move of a lil bigger i jsut borrow my paps wagon
oldeguy,Oct 21 2006, 08:48 AM Wrote:Okay, I don't want to get anybody pissed off, after all, it's Saturday. I've been a member since August, and have learned some things, and have had a few laughs, and gotten some help with fixing things on my Focus.

I've noticed that a lot of us no longer own or drive a Focus anymore, and am just a little curious as to the reasons why. Personally, unless Ford either stops building them, or they become so boring to drive, like the Corolla, I can see myself driving one for quite a long time. Unless I become a millionaire. Then, I'll go and get a European Focus

I know people's situations change, where they may need a bigger vehicle for family reasons, or work, but, hey, the Focus is a fairly versatile vehicle.   

So, maybe, we could get a little discussion about who still has and who doesn't have a Focus anymore.
[right][snapback]212808[/snapback][/right]

I do although it is no longer my primary driver anymore.
But now its time to spend the time and money and not worry about any sort of gas mileage but strickly and all out performance car.

My primary goal is to make my car unique to me.
Now there are still alot of guy's with a focus here, you will see less and less people and numbers will begin to fall off, just because a complete body makeover is in order. Peoples needs change and so on. Ford is moving away from the performance side for what ever reasons.

MY 2 CENTS

This winter should prove to be a busy one
focusonthis_88,Oct 21 2006, 10:10 AM Wrote:Well, now I have a F150 SuperCrew...It's bigger and 4 doors.  But I still have my focus for summer driving because it's has a turbo.  Don't get me wrong I love the Focus, but I needed something bigger and more usefull because I live in the country(woods) and my focus couldn't really pull a big trailer..:lol:

But, I LOVE THE FOCUS!
[right][snapback]212809[/snapback][/right]
My wife has a degenerative disease, which, may, somewhere down the line, require her to be in an electric wheelchair permanently, so I might need a van later, but, I told her, the Focus, or a Focus will be in the driveway too, for me to happily get to work.
Sundown,Oct 21 2006, 10:24 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Oct 21 2006, 08:48 AM Wrote:Okay, I don't want to get anybody pissed off, after all, it's Saturday. I've been a member since August, and have learned some things, and have had a few laughs, and gotten some help with fixing things on my Focus.

[right][snapback]212808[/snapback][/right]

I do although it is no longer my primary driver anymore.
But now its time to spend the time and money and not worry about any sort of gas mileage but strickly and all out performance car.

My primary goal is to make my car unique to me.
Now there are still alot of guy's with a focus here, you will see less and less people and numbers will begin to fall off, just because a complete body makeover is in order. Peoples needs change and so on. Ford is moving away from the performance side for what ever reasons.

MY 2 CENTS

This winter should prove to be a busy one
[right][snapback]212812[/snapback][/right]
Maybe if Ford smartens up, ha! and sends over the European Focus, we might get some more interest
Well, I have a Focus as my daily driver because I commute from Aurora to Etobicoke every day for work. The gas mileage my Focus gives me is great compared to my Honda CR-V (Or as I like to call it "my brick in the wind") I keep my Honda for family functions where I have my 2 kids and my wife with me. Don't get me wrong I fit my kids in the back of the Focus no prob...for now cause they're small.

My wife doesn't like my Focus cause it's too low and loud.

I don't see any reason in the near future to get rid of my Focus so this place is stuck with me for awhile.

Get used to it. :D

Cheers!
I'm always sorta torn when it comes to my focus. On the one hand its my first car and I'd love to keep it forever, but for that to happen I'd have to spend some serious amounts of money on it to turn it into the car i want it to be. On the other hand tho, no matter how much money i throw into it, it's still just a focus, and I can get more performance out of a different car straight out of the box. So this'll be something i struggle to decided next year when i'm ready to either buy a new car, or totally overhaul the focus.

My Focus is my first car and it was really what i had in mind for my first car, Its a great little commuter car. Its kind of boring looking, I wish it had alloy wheels and a spoiler but it doesn't. but I still love it

I was born and raised with Fords, my mom had a Taurus and a Contour, and not a problem with either, than she switched to GM and the car was riddled with problems. So the Focus was a good choice for me :)

Although i wouldn't mind a Fusion, i like those lol
My Zx3 is gone, but wife still has her ZTS.

We are looking to upgrade the cars soon. so Wife will most likely get Escape, and As for me. mmmm Maybe a Subaru or Matrix. My new job requires me to drive lots more and need a car to be good on gas, save on the highways and be comfortable.
Well, this is my second Focus, and I love it. Since it's paid off...she's a keeper.
The focus is a fun car, if i had a little bit more money i would make it my summer only car , and if i had a bit more money than that i would make it stricly a track toy, and if i had a little more money than that i would light the focus on fire and drive a Z06 Vette

Nah id keep the focus and use it as a commuter/runabout.

Peoples interest in the car is just dropping off, this car was brought here in 2000 , and before that it didnt exsist outside of europe. People are always going to be interested in the newer things.
Well Honestly I am on my second ford Focus sedan, I was sold on the focus when I saw the European add's in 1999 and 2000 for it. I loved it the more I read up on it and I waited for the 2001 model. I leased my first focus, the only thing in it I wanted was A/C and Cruis control, everything else my parents picked out for it and it was a fully loaded Automatic SE Sport sedan. When the Lease was up I fell in love with the Yellow Street Edition and and it was a toss up between a CR-V or a Focus with just under a 100,000 kms warentee with it.

But realisticly I don't know if I want another Focus or not, I will be in the market for a new car next year when the focus is paid off, and my partner and I are deciding on a few different car choices a used focus wagon maybe is in the mix but it's very low in the possibilitys.
My Focus, daily driven... hopefully i'll end up keeping it for five + years too. If not, i'm very interested in the MSpeed3. I want power and all the goodies from the factory, with all the bells and whistles, with warranties. MSpeed3 damn sure delivers... second option would be a Fusion AWD or Edge... depending on the job and where it needs to take me.

Overall, I love my Ford Focus (not quoted from Steve's commercial appearance neither :lol: )
The Focus was a compromise car for me at the time (I was looking at something with a different control layout respecting my driving needs, but ended up in Focus because of the price of gas at the time) but I've grown to love it and want to drive it as long as I can.

If however the opportunity presented itself for me to get into a car that more precisely matched my needs, I would be sorely tempted, since the car is paid off...

NefCanuck
euro_zx5,Oct 21 2006, 10:35 PM Wrote:My Focus, daily driven... hopefully i'll end up keeping it for five + years too. If not, i'm very interested in the MSpeed3. I want power and all the goodies from the factory, with all the bells and whistles, with warranties. MSpeed3 damn sure delivers... second option would be a Fusion AWD or Edge... depending on the job and where it needs to take me.

Overall, I love my Ford Focus (not quoted from Steve's commercial appearance neither :lol: )
[right][snapback]212866[/snapback][/right]

so that was darkpuppet in that Focus add like 3 or 4 years ago right?

I got mine on 2002. It was my VERY FIRST brand-new car and I'm still driving it. I drive it every day to and from my GO station and EVERYWHERE on the weekends. I love the car. 2 more payments on it and it's all mine!

Would I buy one now if I were out looking for a new car? Nope.

Would I roccomend one ot a friend.
Yup. 2002 and newer.
NikiterZTS,Oct 22 2006, 01:40 AM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Oct 21 2006, 10:35 PM Wrote:My Focus, daily driven... hopefully i'll end up keeping it for five + years too. If not, i'm very interested in the MSpeed3. I want power and all the goodies from the factory, with all the bells and whistles, with warranties. MSpeed3 damn sure delivers... second option would be a Fusion AWD or Edge... depending on the job and where it needs to take me.

[right][snapback]212866[/snapback][/right]

so that was darkpuppet in that Focus add like 3 or 4 years ago right?
[right][snapback]212872[/snapback][/right]

Yes. He was the 'drop the hammer' guy.
This is our first Focus, but perhaps not our last. Everytime I find myself looking at different vehicles, or driving a rental... I get indecisive.

Then, I get back in the Focus and bend it around a few corners. New car wha?

It's reliable, it's cheap, it's customizable and it's sharp-looking. Sure, it's definitely not the quickest out there but when I factor in all the things we've been able to do because we had a Focus and not a status symbol with a much higher payment (although it has its own following ;) )... I have absolutely no reason to be disappointed.

Plus, when you can drive around like a retard all weekend at ridiculous speeds and still get over 30MPG on the highway... I'll take it! :D

The new Foci are graced with the Duratec series of engines, which seem to take well to modding. SVTs are starting to show up in the wild again and they offer a great handling package that's just begging for 50-60 more WHP.

It's a great car that will easily embarass much faster cars in the corners, especially on the track. I believe P-51 is a great example of that idea.

Enjoy the car. Enjoy the Focus supporters here. And, most of all, ignore the detractors. We hope they'll go away, but in the end what they say doesn't matter.
I miss my focus. Actually buying another one next week.
Pages: 1 2