FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: God Damn It I've Had It!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How the f uck does a person get people to stop calling me trying to sell me stuff.

I get about 8 phonecalls a night and I've had it! (I'm not exagerating either)

Anyone know how to get my number removed from "the list?"
what are your responses to them when they call?
ANTHONYD,Oct 19 2006, 07:14 PM Wrote:How the f  uck does a person get people to stop calling me trying to sell me stuff.

[right][snapback]212591[/snapback][/right]

Sadly there is no "Do Not Call" list as in the US (Apparently the Direct Marketing lobby here (AKA The telemarketing scum) can twist arms better up here :rolleyes:

Best advice I can offer is use your answering machines call screening feature, it gets rid of most of these parasites, esp. if you have a rather, erm, "unique" answering machine message ( The joys of being an anime geek, you can get voice actors to say some really, really strange things if you tell them its for an answering machine message :lol:)

NefCanuck
ANTHONYD,Oct 19 2006, 06:14 PM Wrote:How the f  uck does a person get people to stop calling me trying to sell me stuff.

Nothing that I am aware of you can do other than getting an unlisted phone number.

I get those f***n things all the time hate them.
Believe it or not, what I've found that works is to interrupt them (don't wait, talk over them) and say "I don't buy anything from telephone solicitors/answer surveys/etc" (whatever is appropriate) "Please take me off your call list." Then hang up. Don't wait for a response, just hang up.

Yes, it's rude and it goes against your natural tendency to be polite, but I rarely get calls anymore.
What has worked for me is to tell them I am unemployed and then hang up immediately.
I hang up on them usually.

Tonight I had it with the lady. This was the 3rd time in as many months this company had offered me an "unbelieveable" deal at the Cranberry resort in Collingwood.

I lost it. PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR LIST.

She said we don't have one, I said bulls***. WHY DO YOU KEEP CALLING ME? I said NO the first 3 times...why do you think I want it now???

She said "I'm just trying to do my job sir" I said...

I'M JUST TRYING TO EAT DINNER! And hung up.

pisssssss me OFF!

WHAT I WANT TO DO IT THIS.....

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/bergis-mags.html
Yeah, Cranberry is the worst.

I second the unemployed response too.
^^^^ That clip is F***** hilarious!! :lol:
ANTHONYD,Oct 19 2006, 06:45 PM Wrote:I hang up on them usually.

Tonight I had it with the lady. This was the 3rd time in as many months this company had offered me an "unbelieveable" deal at the Cranberry resort in Collingwood.

I lost it. PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR LIST.

She said we don't have one, I said bulls***. WHY DO YOU KEEP CALLING ME? I said NO the first 3 times...why do you think I want it now???

She said "I'm just trying to do my job sir" I said...

I'M JUST TRYING TO EAT DINNER! And hung up.

pisssssss me OFF!

WHAT I WANT TO DO IT THIS.....

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/bergis-mags.html
[right][snapback]212602[/snapback][/right]

hi this is Jerry calling....
Get "call display".

If you don't recognize the number, don't answer. If it's someone you know they will leave a message.

Telemarketers usually call from a 1-800 number.

If you don't have call display, you can recognize a telemarketer because there is usually a quiet delay followed by the sound of a busy call centre before they start their spiel. Pick up the phone, don't say hello and then hang up before they start talking.
I have a post the other day you guy's would love about this whole issue but I have no idea how to link the file it is friggin so funny.
someone help me do this at least we can get a laugh,
fart in your phone it works for me and make sure you wash it after might have some matter left on it
DD1,Oct 19 2006, 09:40 PM Wrote:fart in your phone it works for me and make sure you wash it after might have some matter left on it
[right][snapback]212632[/snapback][/right]
So that's what they meant by "if you want to talk to an as---le, give DD1 a call."

Totally different meaning from what I expected!! :lol:
NefCanuck,Oct 19 2006, 07:28 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Oct 19 2006, 07:14 PM Wrote:How the f  uck does a person get people to stop calling me trying to sell me stuff.

Sadly there is no "Do Not Call" list as in the US (Apparently the Direct Marketing lobby here (AKA The telemarketing scum) can twist arms better up here :rolleyes:

Best advice I can offer is use your answering machines call screening feature, it gets rid of most of these parasites, esp. if you have a rather, erm, "unique" answering machine message ( The joys of being an anime geek, you can get voice actors to say some really, really strange things if you tell them its for an answering machine message :lol:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]212595[/snapback][/right]

Nah they don't twist arms better, we just have lots of guns down here :) You know how trigger happy we all are! :)

I guess its one of the perks for living in the US.. and probably about the only one really. I haven't have a telemarketer pester me in I don't know how many years.
OAC_Sparky,Oct 19 2006, 09:43 PM Wrote:
DD1,Oct 19 2006, 09:40 PM Wrote:fart in your phone it works for me and make sure you wash it after might have some matter left on it
[right][snapback]212632[/snapback][/right]
So that's what they meant by "if you want to talk to an as---le, give DD1 a call."

Totally different meaning from what I expected!! :lol:
[right][snapback]212634[/snapback][/right]

Guess it was meant more literally than anyone thought.
Just tell them its a cell number. They will say they are sorry and They will make sure to take your name out of the list.

some ass wipe called me from Rogers today and eventhough i told them its a cell phone, they guy wanted to call me after 6pm(f***ing moran) so i told him its pay as you go and don't f***ing bother me.
ANTHONYD,Oct 19 2006, 11:14 PM Wrote:How the f  uck does a person get people to stop calling me trying to sell me stuff.

LOL, I made a post about this a few years back. I remember you adding one of those sarcastic images with text saying "Raise Your Hand, If You Care"
pwn3d!
ZTWsugardaddy,Oct 20 2006, 05:20 AM Wrote:LOL, I made a post about this a few years back.  I remember you adding one of those sarcastic images with text saying "Raise Your Hand, If You Care"
[right][snapback]212657[/snapback][/right]
:lol:
Pages: 1 2