FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Evo Racing Suspension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anybody know anything about Evo Suspensions products?

I'm seeing them advertised on Ebay at a pretty good price. Although they have to be shipped from Belgium.

Here's the Ebay listing

If you know anything about them I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks,

I wouldn't trust suspension from ebay...
never heard of it....
but it does come with 2 year warranty....

not sure how much would be the shipping for those

p.s. that focus on the bottom of the page looks so fake lol
I have to agree with focusonthis.

Nik, you're right about that Focus. Looks like a Hotwheels mod.
Hmmm Looks like a FK Kit,
ANd the Focus is PHOTSHOPPED Large
Looks a lil bit like an Fk kit. Best advice, STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

Somethings just aren't worth cheaping out on, and the suspension on your car is one of those things.
Sorry bud, but I wouldn't trust that....... go with some KYB GR-2's shocks off of ebay (those are cheap) and Pro Springs from Eibach. Or you could go with Eibach Sportlines if you really wanna slam er.
I definitely wouldnt trust a product listed on ebay with a badly photoshopped car picture in the auction. You dont have to spend a ton to get a decent suspension, but you definitely dont want to cheap out.. you'll just end up unsatisfied and having to do it again and spending the money you would have in the first place.

Maybe check out some of the big Focus boards (like focaljet, focusfanatics, etc) and search for Evo suspensions and see if anyone has actually tried them out.
NikiterZTS,Oct 19 2006, 04:21 PM Wrote:but it does come with 2 year warranty....

[right][snapback]212556[/snapback][/right]

It comes with a two year warranty, if you can find the company in two years... :lol:

Stick with names you know. If you've never heard of it before and can't find any reviews online, don't go there.

If you are thinking about the SVT kit, give Big Steve in the parts dept. at Campbell Ford a call for pricing.

Ryan
Go with Eibach or a big name suspension compagnie...

Like habmann said.. Don't cheap out...wrong way to start! trust me!

Quote:Somethings just aren't worth cheaping out on, and the suspension on your car is one of those things
Ok, you convinced me....thanks for the help.

I'm thinking Eibach Pro Kit now.
Fader,Oct 20 2006, 09:11 AM Wrote:Ok, you convinced me....thanks for the help.

I'm thinking Eibach Pro Kit now.
[right][snapback]212668[/snapback][/right]

Thats the route i was originally gonne take. Its a pretty good kit, you should be happy with it.
how much does it usually cost to put the whole kit on car at the shop?
$500-$600 at a dealership, if not more, including an alignment.

That link to ebay, yeah I agree, ebay suspension that is cheap and not sold by a reputable seller is a HUGE MISTAKE.
im not plannin to do it at the dealer....def some other kind of a garage or shop....i heard you can do it by yourself if u have air tools.....
It'll be probably close to $500, seriously, with all the suspension components, alignment, it's an expensive job.
yea it def hurts the pockets cuz the suspesion itself is another like $300 to $600

so that would be my next year thing to do on my car....unless i find a really good deal sometimes during winter
Here is a picture of an Eibach ProKit 1.5" drop setup (on blue car):

[Image: 100_1596c.jpg]

These are just the lowering springs with stock struts. I have had these setup for over 2 years daily driven and so far so good.

If you go with Sportlines about 2" drop you may have to replace your struts.
Took me and a freind 5 hours to do the FK kit on my focus & install the Energy suspension bushings, and yes, we had air tools. + alignment at the dealership.

40/60mm FK Hitec kit, with stock 15" wheels.

[Image: PIC_0148.jpg]
what are good struts and springs for an ok price that give me 1.5" drop?
Pages: 1 2