FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is There A Point?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
simple....if i'm gonna do my race header...is there a point of changing my stock flex pipe to an after market one?

tell me your opinion

thanks
Yes.

If you don't then the bottle neck will be the flex pipe. The race header will probablly have a 2.25 or 2.5 inch exit going into the smaller stock flex then going back out to your aftermarket 2.25 or 2.5 inch exhaust.
thats exectly what i was thinking
And where else to put a high flow cat.
but if u stick with stock header, then no point in changing flex right? Just do catback?
cornflakes,Oct 19 2006, 12:14 AM Wrote:but if u stick with stock header, then no point in changing flex right?  Just do catback?
[right][snapback]212436[/snapback][/right]

stock header= not needed, may help a tiny bit, free flowing can never be a bad thing
aftermarket header= must be done!!!
any way you look ay it the flex pipe is a restriction.
in the stock system it is not the biggest, but it still is a restriction.
with a race header, it will become a BIG restriction in the system.

also, not all race headers have a 2.25" exit, and there are only 2 with 2.5"(Kamikaze and JBA longtube), so choosing the right flex is important along with the in the grande scheme of things.
if you have a 2.25" exhaust a Kamikaze or JBA header would be a bit redundant as you want to try and keep the pipe sizing uniform thought the exhaust to minimize flow irregularities in the system.

on a side not, unlss you are planning to run a SC kit, there is no need for a complete 2.5" exhaust.