FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Need Temp Car Storage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
slowly being pushed into a bind.

my lease is up at the end of this month, and with it, my parking for the Jeep.

I leased in Oshawa but I'm moving back to my parents for a few months this summer before I then re-move out permanently to school.

It's unsure what school I'm goign to next year and I can't stay where I am without renewing for a year... so that's out of the question.

Problem: They don't even have enough parking for my focus, let alone 1 Jeep + 1 Jeep tub.

I really want to avoid paying 200$/month at uhaul or some random place for a 10x20ft garage but I'm slowly going to have no choice at this rate.

Can anyone suggest any alternatives? I need approx 2 parking spots worth of space, and that's only until I can get my old tub off (need help with it, can't do it alone) and then it's replacement goes on... from then I only need 1 spot.

I'm looking at every option I have but covered is ultimately the best.

Thanks guys.
Mystake,Apr 13 2010, 05:35 PM Wrote:slowly being pushed into a bind.

I leased in Oshawa but I'm moving back to my parents for a few months this summer before I then re-move out permanently to school.

It's unsure what school I'm goign to next year and I can't stay where I am without renewing for a year... so that's out of the question.

Problem: They don't even have enough parking for my focus, let alone 1 Jeep + 1 Jeep tub.

I really want to avoid paying 200$/month at uhaul or some random place for a 10x20ft garage but I'm slowly going to have no choice at this rate.

Can anyone suggest any alternatives? I need approx 2 parking spots worth of space, and that's only until I can get my old tub off (need help with it, can't do it alone) and then it's replacement goes on... from then I only need 1 spot.

Thanks guys.
[right][snapback]305069[/snapback][/right]

You know that at the end of the lease you have the option of staying in rental housing on a month to month basis - just throwing that out there as an alternative to dumping your stuff somewhere.
drop me a line, i can arrange a temporary storage.

send me a pm.
ZTWsquared,Apr 13 2010, 04:39 PM Wrote:
Mystake,Apr 13 2010, 05:35 PM Wrote:slowly being pushed into a bind.

Thanks guys.
[right][snapback]305069[/snapback][/right]

You know that at the end of the lease you have the option of staying in rental housing on a month to month basis - just throwing that out there as an alternative to dumping your stuff somewhere.
[right][snapback]305070[/snapback][/right]

the house was resigned by 4/5 roomates. They have a 5th. my option is to sublet however the roomates and I were at war about my Jeep for the past month ANYWAY so they don't want it there period

sending pm paolo
How temp is temp? My mothers garage is empty the only pre-requesit is a key to move the car out should the garage be needed. Its in Whitby so its pretty close...

I used to store my car there but now with only 2 cars theres no need.

Edit: I see you need two spots so this wouldn't really fit...maybe I need to read better ;P
if your able to drive vehicle, i can offer you storage in cambridge no problem. would be outside however
GFXjamie,Apr 14 2010, 09:01 AM Wrote:if your able to drive vehicle, i can offer you storage in cambridge no problem. would be outside however
[right][snapback]305117[/snapback][/right]

i have to tow it around to wherever. am I able to bring the tub with it?
ya not a problem. there is plenty of room out back of my shop. only thing is that wud be a big towing bill unless you did it yourself lol
GFXjamie,Apr 14 2010, 12:26 PM Wrote:ya not a problem. there is plenty of room out back of my shop. only thing is that wud be a big towing bill unless you did it yourself lol
[right][snapback]305139[/snapback][/right]
How secure is the location, I might ask?

And Durango gets put to work! Still freaking like 60$/day for the trailer +gas, but meh....

actually, I have a plan :D