FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Puppet - Mustang Ragtop Concern
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TSB 06-19-5, OASIS Service Codes: 105000
2005-2007 - Mustang Convertible Top Wear

Some 2005-2007 Mustang vehicles equipped with a convertible top could develop wear or a hole near the 4th bow and/or number 1 bow area. This is caused by the number 1 and number 4 bow wearing or pinching through the vinyl or cloth top.

Install a new convertible top cover, revised number 4 bow, and adding tape to the number 1 bow panel per the instruction sheet provided in the Service Kit. REFER TO THE TSB FOR COMPLETE SERVICE REPAIR AND PART INFORMATION.
ZTWsquared,Oct 17 2006, 03:05 PM Wrote:TSB 06-19-5, OASIS Service Codes: 105000
2005-2007 - Mustang Convertible Top Wear

Some 2005-2007 Mustang vehicles equipped with a convertible top could develop wear or a hole near the 4th bow and/or number 1 bow area. This is caused by the number 1 and number 4 bow wearing or pinching through the vinyl or cloth top.

Install a new convertible top cover, revised number 4 bow, and adding tape to the number 1 bow panel per the instruction sheet provided in the Service Kit. REFER TO THE TSB FOR COMPLETE SERVICE REPAIR AND PART INFORMATION.
[right][snapback]211996[/snapback][/right]

and so it begins... I think I know the area they're talking about.. it looks pretty kinked when you first put the top back up.

now to find a competent dealership to take this to.
question.. does there need to be a hole in there before they'll fix it?

also..

any TSBs for persistent shift boot squeaking, or rear quarter window rattles?

Ford only gives 4.5 hours to replace the top. I can see the guy on the production line doing it in less than an hour, but I don't want to see some guy at the dealership rushing to do it in under the alotted time that Ford will pay.

No TSBs for boot squeaking or window rattle on the V6. Co-worker has a V6 vert and he's had it in six times for the transmisson/clutch. It still grinds, but I'm not sure he knows how to drive stick :unsure:
gotta love new cars eh?
CanadaSVT,Oct 17 2006, 11:31 PM Wrote:Ford only gives 4.5 hours to replace the top.  I can see the guy on the production line doing it in less than an hour, but I don't want to see some guy at the dealership rushing to do it in under the alotted time that Ford will pay.

No TSBs for boot squeaking or window rattle on the V6.  Co-worker has a V6 vert and he's had it in six times for the transmisson/clutch.  It still grinds, but I'm not sure he knows how to drive stick :unsure:
[right][snapback]212093[/snapback][/right]

I find that if I burn the clutch (by momentarily riding it above 2500 RPM while the car is stationary), the clutch will 'grind' or 'stutter' on engagement in 1st gear for a while.

however, it goes away eventually and the clutch goes back to engaging smoothly.

now if only I can master backing into sloped parking spots and driveways... a 3500lb car takes a lot more finesse on the clutch than the focus did. The mustang doesn't recover from 'near stalls' like the focus did.
use your e brake nooB hahahahahaha
DD1,Oct 18 2006, 10:06 AM Wrote:use your e brake nooB hahahahahaha
[right][snapback]212160[/snapback][/right]

I have.. I've used it a couple times...

But honestly, the stang is proof I can't drive. I've stalled this thing more in 2 weeks (4 times) than I did in the lifetime of the focus (once).
darkpuppet,Oct 18 2006, 11:41 AM Wrote:
DD1,Oct 18 2006, 10:06 AM Wrote:use your e brake nooB hahahahahaha
[right][snapback]212160[/snapback][/right]

I have.. I've used it a couple times...

But honestly, the stang is proof I can't drive. I've stalled this thing more in 2 weeks (4 times) than I did in the lifetime of the focus (once).
[right][snapback]212189[/snapback][/right]

Is the clutch action any different than the Focus? :huh: I would guess the clutch on the 'Stang would be a heck of a lot stiffer than the Focus was (at least in stock form, I can't remember if you had your clutch changed in the Focus)

NefCanuck
I woul think the engagment might be more touchy
DD1,Oct 18 2006, 12:26 PM Wrote:I woul think the engagment might be more touchy
[right][snapback]212211[/snapback][/right]

The clutch has a longer stroke, it's stiffer, and touchier on engagement. I'm sure it's a matter of getting used to it.

Driving in stop and go is hard on the balls of my feet (like standing on a hardwood floor on your tippy toes for extended periods of time).. the focus, if anything, would give me shin splints for using muscles to pull my foot back (in the more upright seated position) rather than having the return spring do it for me (in the reclined position).
i loved the feel of the clutch in the 02 mustang gt i test drove, maybe it had to do with the more power or the fact that i had the car sideways a few times :lol:
ZX5focused,Oct 18 2006, 01:54 PM Wrote:i loved the feel of the clutch in the 02 mustang gt i test drove,  maybe it had to do with the more power or the fact that i had the car sideways a few times :lol:
[right][snapback]212246[/snapback][/right]

I was doing donuts in the parking lot of <some go-karting place>,and I gotta admit.. it was fun..
darkpuppet,Oct 18 2006, 05:54 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Oct 18 2006, 01:54 PM Wrote:i loved the feel of the clutch in the 02 mustang gt i test drove,  maybe it had to do with the more power or the fact that i had the car sideways a few times :lol:

I was doing donuts in the parking lot of <some go-karting place>,and I gotta admit.. it was fun..
[right][snapback]212376[/snapback][/right]

i have fun doing donuts in my FWD focus, they are pretty large donuts and all i really get out of them is s***ty uneven tire wear :ph34r:
ZX5focused,Oct 18 2006, 05:54 PM Wrote:i loved the feel of the clutch in the 02 mustang gt i test drove,  maybe it had to do with the more power or the fact that i had the car sideways a few times :lol:

I know exactly what your talking about ZX5, I took a test drive on 04' GT Vert and I told the sales guy i'll give him 10k and the focus for a done deal....... he was going to do it, but I told him theres no way I could afford the insurance :lol:.
The clutch is actually easier to modulate on the V8 models...at least I felt there was a difference between the two...