FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Wagon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:o

OFOC.ca Wrote:Bid Adieu to the Focus Wagon:
More from Left Lane News - It appears the beloved Focus wagon will soon be out of production. This compact wagon has long been a favourite of many people in our club, families and even fleet companies. There are only a handful of vehicles that can match the Focus wagon's handling, power, and practicality.

No official word has come from the Ford Motor Company. If you're looking to get a Focus wagon, we strongly suggest you get one as soon as possible. LLN reports the final day to order a Focus wagon will be November 20th.
Awesome...Chalk up another GREAT idea to the execs that don't know didly about anything...
This day has been coming since the ZX5 was hatched. Unfortunately i think many people think of the ZX5 as a wagon type car.
Drivesthebeast,Oct 16 2006, 07:00 PM Wrote:Awesome...Chalk up another GREAT idea to the execs that don't know didly about anything...
[right][snapback]211808[/snapback][/right]

Well... numbers don't lie. And if Ford is doing better wagon sales in another brand or model, so be it. In the same breath, I think cutting this model from the line isn't the best idea. Rather than killing it entirely, they should cut production down, and make it a more limited model... but i'm assuming that isn't worth while neither.
I don't think ford is any kind of position these days to be focusing on niche vehicles. They need to concentrate on building vehicles that will sell. The GT was a great example, really nice car, but was never meant for the masses and didn't sell all that well. Do we think ford made the developement costs back on that one? Prolly not. Look at some of the best selling compacts right now, civic, corolla, they've got 2 body styles. 2 Door and 4 Door, and both sell well, this is what ford needs to do. Not produce 3 or 4 body styles and water down the content.
:lol:
habmann,Oct 16 2006, 07:35 PM Wrote:This day has been coming since the ZX5 was hatched. Unfortunately i think many people think of the ZX5 as a wagon type car.
[right][snapback]211817[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but with the redesign in '08 the hatchback goes away too <_<

Ford really wants to make the Focus a non-entity to the motoring public I swear :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
Not exactly a repost, but close May post

A number of comments deserve clarification:

The wagon is a niche vehicle only in the U.S. – in Canada the wagon comprises more than 35% of the total Focus volume and when FOC had the “one price” strategy (2001-2002) wagons comprised more than 50% of total Focus volume.

Unfortunately the Canadian interest in small wagons and hatchbacks does not translate into decisions made in Detroit – Americans continue to favour coupes and sedans over wagons and hatchbacks – and yes, the hatchback is probably doomed too.

It is unlikely that a Focus ordered in November could be a wagon … I was told that final wagon production is November for early December delivery … dealers will have already ordered their November production as of about now.

BTW – I placed my order for a black ZXW SES with 5-speed, heated leather and moonroof about 2 weeks ago and my dealer tells me I’ll be one of the last Focus wagons he delivers.
Well congrats on the new ride! Thanks for pointing out the other topic, you have all the news way in advance eh!
cripes, will the universe throw me a frikin bone one of these days. this is just one more crap thing going on.
I'm supposing no more wagons means, wagon specific parts go up in price now. Coupled with all the standard non-standard parts like the DPFE sensor, and I'll never be able to sell this car for what I owe on it. And I won't be able to afford the parts to fix it either.

***grumble*** bad day among other things.
Ouch, that really sucks. I've never driven one of the wagons before, but I've always admired them for what they were - dollar for dollar, one of the best people movers out there for their class. I always thought it was classy that Ford offered a ZTW package for the 1st gen Focus as well - the same deal as the ZTS, really, when you need that extra haul space.

It's too bad to see them do an about face like that.
Honestly I would love to own a focus wagon, but I don't know if my next new car will be a ford... I've had 2 focus so far and nothing in the current North American Ford range is appealing for what I can afford, and yeah Focus wagon was in my line up up untill the summer, as I am and will continue to buy things for my place as I have nothing but the very basics.

On topic though, the parts are the same on the focus wagon as hey are on the hatches and sedans, so parts going up in price is very unlikely unless it's on things like rear hatch, bumper or tail lights.

And Yes the Corolla & Civic come in Wagons, and 5 door hatches, Honda dose not think a 5 door will sell well here like in the rest of the world, and thus we have the Jazz / Fit. Toyota already has it's 5 door Corolla hatch on sale here for a while, with different front bumpers and fenders as the global version of it, I think it was stupid of them, to call it a Matrix, and there is a Wagon version of the Corolla for sale globally as well but it would not sell here as Toyota never sold that many when they came here in the mid 90's.
ZTWsquared,Oct 16 2006, 08:51 PM Wrote:Not exactly a repost, but close  May post

A number of comments deserve clarification:

The wagon is a niche vehicle only in the U.S. – in Canada the wagon comprises more than 35% of the total Focus volume and when FOC had the “one price” strategy (2001-2002) wagons comprised more than 50% of total Focus volume.

Unfortunately the Canadian interest in small wagons and hatchbacks does not translate into decisions made in Detroit – Americans continue to favour coupes and sedans over wagons and hatchbacks – and yes, the hatchback is probably doomed too.

It is unlikely that a Focus ordered in November could be a wagon … I was told that final wagon production is November for early December delivery … dealers will have already ordered their November production as of about now.

BTW – I placed my order for a black ZXW SES with 5-speed, heated leather and moonroof about 2 weeks ago and my dealer tells me I’ll be one of the last Focus wagons he delivers.
[right][snapback]211824[/snapback][/right]

Did you specify rear heating ducts? :lol:
ANTHONYD,Oct 17 2006, 07:53 AM Wrote:Did you specify rear heating ducts? :lol:
[right][snapback]211867[/snapback][/right]
LOL ... good question!

Seriously - everything Ford has published says they're standard (just like in '04) but you can bet I'll be doing a physical inventory when I take delivery.
Too bad, I've seen some nicely done Focus wagons. For what ever reason Americans just can't accept a nice sporty wagon like intelligent Europeans can.
ZTWsquared,Oct 16 2006, 07:51 PM Wrote:BTW – I placed my order for a black ZXW SES with 5-speed, heated leather and moonroof about 2 weeks ago and my dealer tells me I’ll be one of the last Focus wagons he delivers.
What are you doing with the 'old' wagon? Did you ever get the roof rack bars?
Can I have your old rear heat ducts for the wife's '04 ZTW? :blink:
CanadaSVT,Oct 17 2006, 11:36 PM Wrote:What are you doing with the 'old' wagon?  Did you ever get the roof rack bars?
Can I have your old rear heat ducts for the wife's '04 ZTW?  :blink:
[right][snapback]212094[/snapback][/right]

The lease was up on my old wagon last year - because I was over mileage I bought out the lease and then sold the car ... and yes I kept the roof rack cross bars.

I've been driving the Mystique year round and really enjoying it (especially with the new brakes, the Magnaflow exhaust, the ST200s and the new Premier deck) but I need another wagon. I'm also thinking of selling the Mystique - it's a '98 LS V6 5-speed with 138k if anyone's interested.

The lease on the wife's wagon is up in July, but it's low mileage and with no Focus wagon to replace it we might buy it out. If you're still interested in the heat ducts we can talk in the spring ... . BTW - you can one at a junk yard for $25 (it's a single piece for both sides).