FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Damn Monday Mornings!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this morning I follow my regular routine of stopping at the local Esso to get my Timmies. I come back out and try to open my door and it won't unlatch. The handles moves but it's done for. So, like an idiot, I have to open the passenger door, reach through open the drivers door from the inside and go back around to get in.
I wish we could reserve situtations like this for when time would permit... Like a weekend. Not a Monday morning when I am grumpy already...

<_<
same thing happened to me, Seems like an easy fix as the dealership didnt charge me for it. I think they just lube some components up.
And for those that can, or have to, do their own repairs, only have to fix'em on nice warm summer days. Okay, my question is, is the door falling apart a common Focus thing?
oldeguy,Oct 16 2006, 10:18 AM Wrote:And for those that can, or have to, do their own repairs, only have to fix'em on nice warm summer days. Okay, my question is, is the door falling apart a common Focus thing?
[right][snapback]211755[/snapback][/right]

I went in for parts quote once and the dealer said that it was a manufacturing defect with the lube that they use and if you don't get it changed this problem would happen....so I got them to do it that day (free, factory recal) and I am yet to have that problem.
Well, to tell you the truth I think it probably runs a little deeper than some crappy grease.
You see, both of my door handles on the outside (driver and passenger) move loosely back and forth. The handle doesn't spring back when pulled. You can actually jiggles the handles.
I think I'll have to pull off the door panel and see what problem(s) lurk behind there.
Anyone had this problem?
Alien-Tek,Oct 16 2006, 01: Wrote:Well, to tell you the truth I think it probably runs a little deeper than some crappy grease.
You see, both of my door handles on the outside (driver and passenger) move loosely back and forth. The handle doesn't spring back when pulled. You can actually jiggles the handles.
I think I'll have to pull off the door panel and see what problem(s) lurk behind there.
Anyone had this problem?
[right][snapback]211774[/snapback][/right]

yeah, I had that same problem a few months ago on both my front doors, I took my door appart and then took out the door handle completely, and coated them in jiggle lube and then all the parts inside the door got a healthy spraying of jiggle lube on all the parts, cleaned up round the opening from the handle inspected for rust put it all back together and open and closed the door severl times to test it with the window down and put it all back to gether took about 30 minutes a door.
interesting....my front door handles feel fine...but people tell me the rear door handles feel "flimsy" and u can even tell by the sound when u open the door.

ANyways im going to FORD to complete and uncompleted RECALL back in feb. It's for REAR DOOR LATCH CORROSION.

I'm not sure if that's the same issue you guys are talking about...but im going in tomorrow for them to complete the recall.