FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dealerships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to the website it was recommended to me by focusfanatics.com, I was just wondering if anyone here had delt with buying a car from Campbell Ford in Ottawa, Ont?

And if so how that went? I'm just wondering if anyone has gone through with them that i have? Its like one big thing after another.

M
Flofocus bought his Focus there... Ask him.. :D
focuspilot23,Oct 14 2006, 10:36 AM Wrote:Hi,

I'm new to the website it was recommended to me by focusfanatics.com, I was just wondering if anyone here had delt with buying a car from Campbell Ford in Ottawa, Ont?

And if so how that went? I'm just wondering if anyone has gone through with them that i have? Its like one big thing after another.

M
[right][snapback]211577[/snapback][/right]

What have you gone through?

What have you gone through?
[right][snapback]211584[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well when i was making the deal to buy the car, the amount we agreed on was different than the amount it came out to be, and i was never informed of this before going in to sign the deal and pick up the car. I really just wanted the car so i let is slide.

When i got the car it came with free oil and air filter program for 5 years, and what happens when i take it in for its first oil change, they charge me for the drain plug that they stripped....

Also the manager that i delt with was indeed a jerk he wouldn't return my phone calls after i had the car. After 2 weeks of owning the car it had something wrong with the air sensor, and it was jerking around down the road. so i called them to make sure that i wasn't going to be charged for the work since i only had the car two weeks. They wouldn't return my calls i left three of 4 messages and finally just went into the dealership.

So heres the kicker that really pissed me off, the manager guy specifically told me there was no warranties on my car, but i was poking around some auto websites a week ago and found out that it had some warranties on it, so i called Ford Canada, and i was indeed told there were warranties on it, so campbell ford completely lied to me, they didn't forget to tell me, but flat out lied about it.

All this in 6 months of owning the car, needless to say i'll never buy from them again, and i would recommend that no one else make that mistake too...lol
Sounds Similar to Concept Ford in Georgetown, when I got my Focus Used there with Hella headlights they asured me I have everything under warntee and I will never have an issue with the lights, well 4 months in my car's wiring harness melted down and cost me over $1000 to get it fixed at another Dealership and it was not under warentee. it's strange all the Dealerships I have gones to including Colony Ford in Brampton have told me of repeated problems with some of the things Concept did or sold to their customers and how they didn't want to do anything about it, and left them in the cold like they did with me.
All dealership have a different way of doing business. And I deal with almost all dealership in Ottawa and Campbell Ford are the worst.
focusonthis_88,Oct 15 2006, 03:10 PM Wrote:All dealership have a different way of doing business.  And I deal with almost all dealership in Ottawa and Campbell Ford are the worst.
[right][snapback]211670[/snapback][/right]

I wish i new that about them before i bought the car lol, although the deal was pretty good, i could have done without the lies and everything else that came along with the deal.

But i do like the car a lot so i guess it could be worse ;)
If you indeed have the quality car care program (the free oil and filter changes), you should have it on your purchase contract, and you should be able to go to ford to get your money back so long as you kept your paperwork.
Ummm, I deal with Northway Lincoln in Brantford...and am considering giving Oakland Lincoln in Oakville a try now too...both places talk to and treat me like I am a somebody.

Go kick Gord Hodinott (owner guy) in the nuts... :D

I've never bought a car from Campbell's, but I've had my car serviced there. Everytime I leave, I always have this nice sore feeling in the wallet and in the bum. :(

I've dealt with Dan Murphy's, and with Lincoln Heights in the past. Still though, I've never had a bad experience with the small town dealers in the area. Wells' in Ingleside (my home town) are great, and so is Embrum Ford. Dupuis in Casselman is good as well.

Ryan
reldridge,Oct 15 2006, 11:17 PM Wrote:I've dealt with Dan Murphy's, and with Lincoln Heights in the past. Still though, I've never had a bad experience with the small town dealers in the area. Wells' in Ingleside (my home town) are great, and so is Embrum Ford. Dupuis in Casselman is good as well.

Ryan
[right][snapback]211720[/snapback][/right]

Lincoln Height are pretty good...Embrun Ford as well...and Rockland Ford down in Rockland. Campbell Ford is not the most favorite Ford Dealer in Ottawa.
I bought my car form campbell. They denied me lots of warranty work (frig, Im pretty sure they denied me a recall :blink: )

Switched to rockland Ford, and all of a suden, the work is covered under warranty. :rolleyes:
Switch dealerships.

Also, write a letter to Ford with your complaints to about the dealership. They ALL go on record from what I've heard...the dealerships get guff from head office over complaints.
Flofocus,Oct 16 2006, 09:12 AM Wrote:Switched to rockland Ford, and all of a suden, the work is covered under warranty.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]211742[/snapback][/right]

Rockland Ford ROCKS! :lol:

Well this is my first car, so i don't have much experience with dealerships, but i know that whats going down at campbell isn't cool , so i wouldn't buy from them again.

But campbell would be my last choice to buy a car from now on.