FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Site Is Back Up And Running.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Enjoy!
What make site fall down go boom in the first place? :blink:

NefCanuck
(Hey, it's Friday at 4pm and I missed lunch, this is the best yer gettin' :P )
S2,Oct 13 2006, 04:18 PM Wrote:http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...ounce&f=12&id=9
[right][snapback]211511[/snapback][/right]

I wish that were the case... this is the best I can make of the situation from what I'm allowed to poke around with...

Occasionally there are circumstances that cause some of the database connections (or threads holding them) to hang. It could be anything from a memory leak to a connectivity issue.. whatever...

Anyways, what happens usually is that the threads don't wait long enough before timing out and retrying. When the eventual bottlenecks open up, you get a bunch of duplicated queries being submitted which can collide and even crash a table in the database.

So I run a 'fix' on the database and reset db connections and everything comes up dandy again. I'm not sure why it's happened twice in a 4 month period, but I'll keep an eye on it and see about opening a ticket with the support folks at the hosting company (would actually be a first)
I figured it was a database issue from what I was seeing on the error page.

At least it's back up! Good work DP, we're giving you a raise :D
I thought it was just me.

My internet connection (modem) and other necessary electrical items in the house went for a s*** due to the fact I was hit by lightining........for the second time in 8 years.

So now I have a new modem, faster than ever, and even more annoying.

Your welcome.
well gald to see the site back up and running guys so a way to go and job well done and all that!
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 13 2006, 07:04 PM Wrote:I figured it was a database issue from what I was seeing on the error page.

At least it's back up! Good work DP, we're giving you a raise :D
[right][snapback]211523[/snapback][/right]

A raise? But even 100% more of zero is still zero isn't it? :P :lol:

NefCanuck