FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Meford, Is This You?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Vandals Trash A Celebrated Local Golf Course
Thursday October 12, 2006
It's not often you see a crime story in a sports section, but this one seems appropriate.

Peel Regional Police are looking for the vandals who did a considerable amount of damage to a legendary local golf course.

Lionhead Golf and Country Club in Brampton has played host to some celebrated tournaments over the years - including the Canadian Open.

But sometime between 7pm on October 2nd and early the following morning, vandals invaded the prestigious greens and inflicted so much damage, officials say it will take at least a year to fix everything.

It started when the still unknown intruders broke into the clubhouse and started up two golf carts. They began joyriding the vehicles across the property, tearing huge divots and ruts in a number of the fairways in the Legends section of the course.

When they were done, they took a swing at playing bumper cars with the machines, smashing them into each other and ultimately destroying both of them. They then disappeared, leaving some $60,000 in destruction behind.

A $2,000 reward is out for anyone who can lead cops to the callous culprits who turned the greens black and blue. If you know who they are, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
YES, AND THEY GOT THEM ON VIDEO!!

Watch here
What boggles my mind is where the hell was the security? Why weren't those carts locked the hell down? They'd never have pulled that off at Angus Glen, the security would have been on their ass like ticks on a dog <_<

Somebody's gonna get fired for this one, mark my words...

NefCanuck
Yeah, thats something my freinds and I would have done a few years ago :lol:
WOW.

LOSERS.