FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Junk Yard Shopping.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Focus doesn't have fog lights or a spoiler. Have been looking online at some Foci that are no longer with us, but have some parts that are still in good shape.
My question is, how hard would it be to install the stock foglights and a sedan spoiler. Not having a spoiler is somewhat bothersome, I feel incomplete.
u only need to get the fog lights and the headlight swith from the junkyark. I think the wiring is already in place

as for the spoiler. look around the junk yards. i'm sure you can find something that will work
The spoiler is fairly easy. there is the four bolts in the spoiler and all Focus' have the plugs and spot on the inside of the trunk where you drill. Just measure the center of these holes and drill from the inside (so you get it as true as possible) and the place on and fasten down.....that should be the point where BOB is your uncle.

Your looking at about 100-200 for a spoiler from the junkers (at least thats the quotes I got) and some places wont sell just the spoiler, trunk has to go with it (cause there would be holes when you take it off)

I put a spoiler from a 95 bonniville on my 01 sedan and it looks pretty darn good actually.
i bought a few things from this place they have any focus part you need good prices

http://www.marketworks.com/storefrontprofi...spx?sfid=114467

http://www.marketworks.com/storefrontprofi..._text=fog+light

Try here ABE's

I've gone there a few times and there's been quite a few to choose from, and they're pretty decent to deal with
SL8RZZX3,Oct 11 2006, 03:52 PM Wrote:Try here ABE's

I've gone there a few times and there's been quite a few to choose from, and they're pretty decent to deal with
[right][snapback]211152[/snapback][/right]
I just called them today about steel rims. 30.00 each, 14 inch
Don't forget that when you are about to change to foglights, you need the change lower grille for it too, as it has to hold the fogs in place, as the grille without the fogs (your stock one) dose not have the things there to hold the fogs in place correctly unless you mod it.
Frost__2001,Oct 12 2006, 12:14 AM Wrote:Don't forget that when you are about to change to foglights, you need the change lower grille for it too, as it has to hold the fogs in place, as the grille without the fogs (your stock one) dose not have the things there to hold the fogs in place correctly unless you mod it.
[right][snapback]211233[/snapback][/right]

Thanks. Everyone's assistance is greatly appreciated.
Your best bet is the entire lower grille assembly from a Focus with fogs. They're already embedded in the grille itself and lift out as one unit.

The wiring definitely is in place for the fogs under the front clip, and the fogs are indeed enabled once you install a foglight "aware" headlight switch.

I should know because I've already done all this :)

Let me know if you need anything else :)
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 12 2006, 10:44 AM Wrote:Your best bet is the entire lower grille assembly from a Focus with fogs. They're already embedded in the grille itself and lift out as one unit.

The wiring definitely is in place for the fogs under the front clip, and the fogs are indeed enabled once you install a foglight "aware" headlight switch.

I should know because I've already done all this :)

Let me know if you need anything else :)
[right][snapback]211313[/snapback][/right]
When I do put in fogs, I'll probably be in touch. I was looking at some junkers on the web and noticed that some still were salvagable for certain parts, so, I got to thinking. Thanks for the information. Got a spare turbo? :lol: