FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Google Maps Street View
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Google maps now has street view for some local streets...

Here is my car:

street view
dBlast,Oct 9 2009, 09:09 AM Wrote:Google maps now has street view for some local streets...

Here is my car:

street view
[right][snapback]295720[/snapback][/right]
Focuscanada makes history. Good thing you weren't doing anything embarrassing while driving

cool stuff... how do you go about finding your car on google street view?

Is it a matter of remembering where you are when you see one? -- if so, I should be jogging, going to subway restaurants, and hanging out at 4 or 5 patios... somewhere :P
darkpuppet,Oct 9 2009, 09:02 AM Wrote:cool stuff... how do you go about finding your car on google street view?

Is it a matter of remembering where you are when you see one?  -- if so, I should be jogging, going to subway restaurants, and hanging out at 4 or 5 patios... somewhere :P
[right][snapback]295727[/snapback][/right]
I checked out the street where I work and looked into the parking lot and did not see my car. But, by judging whose cars were in the lot I knew that they must of snapped the picture just before I got there. I spun the 360 degree viewer and there was my car on the street.

I must have driven right by the Google earth photo vehicle.
dBlast,Oct 9 2009, 09:09 AM Wrote:Google maps now has street view for some local streets...

Here is my car:

street view
[right][snapback]295720[/snapback][/right]
No fricken' way!! That's not your street, how did you even come across this??
Y'see this is why Google Maps Street View is such a nightmare for people concerned about their privacy.

Imagine if you or your car was found somewhere that you didn't want it to be found? :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 9 2009, 09:38 AM Wrote:Imagine if you or your car was found somewhere that you didn't want it to be found? :ph34r:
[right][snapback]295732[/snapback][/right]
**Checks Streetview of girlfriend's house** :ph34r:

Whew!! :lol:

My House:

StreetView
Perhaps we should start a new time waster...........find your car on Google Streetview
NefCanuck,Oct 9 2009, 10:38 AM Wrote:Y'see this is why Google Maps Street View is such a nightmare for people concerned about their privacy.

Imagine if you or your car was found somewhere that you didn't want it to be found? :ph34r:

NefCanuck

Theres a story floating out here that some wife found her freinds car in her driveway while the husband was home...

Dont know how much truth there is to that, but I find it funny.
Flofocus,Oct 9 2009, 11:22 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 9 2009, 10:38 AM Wrote:Y'see this is why Google Maps Street View is such a nightmare for people concerned about their privacy.

NefCanuck

Theres a story floating out here that some wife found her freinds car in her driveway while the husband was home...

Dont know how much truth there is to that, but I find it funny.
[right][snapback]295740[/snapback][/right]

it would be hard to determine the time the picture was taken without a huge clock and calendar somewhere in the pic... highly unlikely IMO.

For those of us who don't have anything to hide, I wouldn't consider it an invasion of my privacy.
Depending on where you place the "Street View" icon, not only do you get a different view point, but also a different point in time. Placing the icon 20 metres down the street and my car is past the camera vehicle so you get a view of the back end of my car.

Rear view of my car
my car is in my driveway, lol.

[Image: strretview.jpg]
look who I spotted!!! lol

[Image: dm1.jpg]
Makes me glad I live in a condo with underground parking :ph34r:

NefCanuck
My car is at work as well, not at home, there is a good chance you could find your car more than once, depending on the time the camera cobalt passed by different locations.

[Image: googlemap.jpg]
I spotted my car in the parking lot, Viewing it from the 427-407 on ramp. The dam google cars really did go everywhere.
Found my Subaru in the driveway. Based on various indicators:

-all seasons on the Subaru
-absense of folliage
-Ford at work

I deduced that they did my "driveby" a weekday in March 09. The sky is clear too and I don't remember many nice days last March so I bet if I hit up the weather records I could pin point it to a day or a no more than a handful of possible days.
I can't find myself anywhere. :(
2001 ZTS,Oct 14 2009, 03:25 PM Wrote:Found my Subaru in the driveway. Based on various indicators:

-all seasons on the Subaru
-absense of folliage
-Ford at work

I deduced that they did my "driveby" a weekday in March 09. The sky is clear too and I don't remember many nice days last March so I bet if I hit up the weather records I could pin point it to a day or a no more than a handful of possible days.
[right][snapback]296008[/snapback][/right]

It was before June sometime. I know this because at PoultryFest carshow which was mid June I put a carclub sticker on my rear window and I dont have it in the shot.
Finally found my Car and actually me standing outside the office. I thought I checked before but I guess I missed the most obvious spot.

[Image: CaughtonGoogle.jpg]

Link to the image on Google.
Pages: 1 2