FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Just Exhaust Or Full System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am thinking modifying the exhaust system. But I heard if just change the exhaust without the new header and flex pipe. All you get is just louder sound.

In order to gain HP, you need to change header and flex pipe too.

Right?
A full cat-back exhaust will get you a few extra ponies. Adding a header and a high-flow cat will get you a few more ponies and an invite to the local cop shop's Christmas party in thanks for all the extra revenue you'll generate. :P

Adding a loud muffler will get you points off your license and will help lower your bank account balance, but no extra power will be found.
Just4Derek,Oct 10 2006, 10:29 AM Wrote:I am thinking modifying the exhaust system. But I heard if just change the exhaust without the new header and flex pipe. All you get is just louder sound.

In order to gain HP, you need to change header and flex pipe too.

Right?
[right][snapback]210866[/snapback][/right]

You'll gain more ponies with a cat back. You'll gain even more if you open the rest of the system to match your cat back system.

But Like NOS said, and really with any car going for power the Naturally Aspirated way, you get more noise.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 10 2006, 10:33 AM Wrote:invite to the local cop shop's Christmas party in thanks for all the extra revenue you'll generate. :P

Adding a loud muffler will get you points off your license and will help lower your bank account balance, but no extra power will be found.
[right][snapback]210870[/snapback][/right]

objection!!!! :P

ive been driving around with a full race header and flex with a catback with no cat for 8 months. It is extremely loud and i have never had a problem. as long as you arent redlining it while next to a cop you wont have any problems with tickets.

i do suggest you add a cat though, it gets kinda scary when you are drviing past and MTO car.
ZX5focused,Oct 10 2006, 09:39 AM Wrote:objection!!!! :P

ive been driving around with a full race header and flex with a catback with no cat for 8 months.  It is extremely loud and i have never had a problem. as long as you arent redlining it while next to a cop you wont have any problems with tickets. 

i do suggest you add a cat though, it gets kinda scary when you are drviing past and MTO car.
[right][snapback]210874[/snapback][/right]

zx5focused, i really like the setup you did to your car, my car is a 02 zx5 too, but an auto with green color : (. on an auto, i can't put much pressure; green, not good color for a tuned car, lol

so for the current stage, just minor mod. i am thinking getting a mac short ram intake and MBRP exhaust. how much HP can i gain? 6hp? and how loud is it? i don't wanna my car to be very loud ^^

if i repaint the whole car to black or carbon grey, i might low the car and change to a 17 rim ^^

Mac intake and MBRP exhaust will give you a few hp more. Not sure if it'll be 6 could be a few less, but you'll definately notice a difference. You'll definately hear a difference, gives the focus a more aggressive sounds. Its really nice.
yea difference u'd feel....more noise as well.....but then u'll get addicted to modding your car and def will put header and different flex on :D
its all gonna start from on thing

for the best results from bolt ons it goes Air intake, bigger throttle body(65mm),skip inside the engine, header, wider flex, catback

p.s. try finding deals on other sites....it will save u lots of money

i payed only $100 for my MBRP catback