FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Apexi Exhaust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking at the Apexi World Sport 2 Series Exhaust System.....does anyone have any feedback, reviews, or experience with this brand on the focus?

Mine is a zetec 2.0L '04 sedan. I've heard good things about apexi (even though its expensive).

What's your say? And can u recommend any place to order it? Or know someone on here that can order for me through their company?

Thanks
If you're dead set on the apexi thats ok, but if not I'd check out the MBRP system. Lots of guys on here are running it and we've yet to have a problem with it. Another plus is its canadian built, which is always nice to support the home companys. And the price is really reasonable.
i'll also give another thumbs up to MBRP. But i've also heard some apexi universal mufflers, and they aren't that bad sounding, but really ricy, if that's what your looking for.
And another vote for the MBRP system. It has to be one of the best, well thought-out exhausts I've seen for a sport compact.

What's more, the value simply can't be beat. I think you'd be hard-pressed to say bad things about the MBRP system if you picked one up.
They make a very sweet exhaust for the focus, a bit pricey but it's worth it from what I've heard. I personally like the MBRP myself BUT that system, is very very nice as well. All depends on what you want to spend.
yeah, have heard lots about MBRP especially on this site :)

In fact, if possible, i'd love to hear anyone's MBRP on their sedan (zetec 2.0L) in person. If you just so happen to live around Yonge/Sheppard or North York area, pls contact me. I'd like to meet up with u (only if ur nearby so its no inconvenience to you) and just listen to it in person. I'm very picky about things so audio clips and video clips just never do justice.

I'd love to support canadian made too...mbrp is great value and quality....but like i said, im picky about the sound and if im going to have to drive around all the time with it...better make sure it's exactly what i want. Can ya blame me? :)

Oh btw, listen to the apexi ws .....

link:

apexi in a focus

i happened to find one on the focusfanatics website (which seems to be the biggest focus club around ....next to focuscanada of course :))
im in North york pretty often....i have a sedan zetec.....but i have gen 1 MBRP with 2 resonators so its not carzy lound just the way i like it
Doesn't sound too bad.

If you've got the money for it and you want it I'd say go for it.
FocusFanatics.com has a EXHAUST CLIP thread, with all sorts of videos, sound clips for just about every exhaust that is offered for the focus, and some that are not... LOL

Click below, you shouldn't have to register for the site to see this thread....

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=34810
Cornflakes, I have a second gen MBRP system hooked up to auto '05 Duratec.

I'm in North York Wednesday nights taking courses at the Novotel on Parkhome Ave. (Just north of Yonge & Sheppard) If you wanted to meet up and hear the car in a garage setting before class starts I can do that. (I'm there around 6pm, I usually grab dinner first before class starts.

NefCAnuck
thanks so much for your generosity guys. I'm hoping i can find a 2nd gen mbrp in a 2.0L zetec without much of anything else (like race headers or other installs that might change the sound) (since that would be exactly what i have and what MBRP is selling right now).

I still haven't been able to find out if APEXI WS 2 is compatible with the sedans ('04 specifically)....i've only seen them on hatchbacks so far... :S

cornflakes,Oct 9 2006, 12:58 AM Wrote:thanks so much for your generosity guys.  I'm hoping i can find a 2nd gen mbrp in a 2.0L zetec without much of anything else (like race headers or other installs that might change the sound) (since that would be exactly what i have and what MBRP is selling right now). 

I still haven't been able to find out if APEXI WS 2 is compatible with the sedans ('04 specifically)....i've only seen them on hatchbacks so far... :S
[right][snapback]210702[/snapback][/right]

don't forget u can always extend them at the end part.......i had to do it to mine add up like 7inch cuz it was off zx3
any muffler shop can do it for u