FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Request For Help To Install Hood Lift
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, as the subject line says, I'm looking for someone to help me install the hood lift I've purchased.

I have a marker, tape measure, hammer and a cordless drill that might be good enough for the job but I'll have to buy new bits.

What's needed additionally for the install is masking tape, a centre punch and a rivet gun capable of using 3/16" rivets

I'm willing to pay for the labour in beer or cash, your choice.

Anyone able to help me out?

NefCanuck
I'll be more than happy to help you out.

I have all of the above tools as well.

I believe I'm free on the weekend of the 21st. The other weekends I'm already spoken for. The last weekend, I may be able to help though. I'll be in TO from Thursday-Monday for a long weekend, and I'm sure she might want to get me out of her hair for a few hours :)

Heck, even some night after work I wouldn't be against coming up.
torradan,Oct 5 2006, 08:44 PM Wrote:I'll be more than happy to help you out.

I have all of the above tools as well.

I believe I'm free on the weekend of the 21st.  The other weekends I'm already spoken for.  The last weekend, I may be able to help though.  I'll be in TO from Thursday-Monday for a long weekend, and I'm sure she might want to get me out of her hair for a few hours :)

Heck, even some night after work I wouldn't be against coming up.
[right][snapback]210351[/snapback][/right]

Only hitch is I really don't have a place we can work at (Can't do it at the condo, there's a security camera right at the parking space and it'll be too dark in the underground to even try it at work <_< )

Lemme see what I can find...

NefCanuck
Okey keep me posted.

Can always come down here if you want to make the drive and play at the border.. hehe :)
torradan,Oct 5 2006, 09:01 PM Wrote:Okey keep me posted.

Can always come down here if you want to make the drive and play at the border.. hehe :)
[right][snapback]210357[/snapback][/right]

LOL! I'm getting this mental image of me at the border:

US Customs agent: Why are you entering the US today sir?

Me: Uh, getting a part installed in my car sir....

US Customs agent: Please step into the little office over there sir

Me: ... crap

NefCanuck
YAYAYA I hear ya.
I'll talk with the boy tonite.
He's off this weekend, but busy Sunday, Monday and maybe Saturday late day.
But I will talk to him.
i live in mississauga right now, i could help you out if you know what to do, kinda a rookie now, but as on the resume said, fast learner, lol....
NefCanuck,Oct 5 2006, 09:23 PM Wrote:
torradan,Oct 5 2006, 09:01 PM Wrote:Okey keep me posted.

[right][snapback]210357[/snapback][/right]

LOL! I'm getting this mental image of me at the border:

US Customs agent: Why are you entering the US today sir?

Me: Uh, getting a part installed in my car sir....

US Customs agent: Please step into the little office over there sir

Me: ... crap

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]210364[/snapback][/right]
Thats how it went with me the last 2 times i crossed the border ... the last time i went across when i was having my car looked at by a body shop in buffalo. i got to put my car in the customs garage and sit in a little room while they ripped through my car stripping it apart ..... fun times
meford4u,Oct 5 2006, 10:31 PM Wrote:YAYAYA I hear ya.
I'll talk with the boy tonite.
He's off this weekend, but busy Sunday, Monday and maybe Saturday late day.
But I will talk to him.
[right][snapback]210365[/snapback][/right]

:bowdown: If you could that'd be great (He is old enough to drink right? :lol:)

NefCanuck
Just4Derek,Oct 5 2006, 10:41 PM Wrote:i live in mississauga right now, i could help you out if you know what to do, kinda a rookie now, but as on the resume said, fast learner, lol....
[right][snapback]210368[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the offer but I'm a n00b, so unless you know what to do it'd be the blind leading the crippled :D

NefCanuck
Not sure if I'm capable of doin it...but you and Torradan are MORE than welcome to use my garage and driveway. :)
I'd volunteer my services, but not sure when I'm going to have a free weekend over the next few weeks. Need to let the work situation even out a bit.

But just to throw in my 2 cents, you should pick up some colour matched spray paint, and paint the brackets that hold the strut to the car. (even as far as maybe masking and then painting it while on the car to colour the rivets.) ... it would go a long way of making the bracket appear as though it belongs on the car, and not just something you tacked on...
i could be volunteer too, wanna meet all the focus buddies of GTA area
Just4Derek,Oct 6 2006, 11:16 AM Wrote:i could be volunteer too, wanna meet all the focus buddies of GTA area
[right][snapback]210429[/snapback][/right]
we are not buddies.

just f***tards. :D
meford4u,Oct 6 2006, 02:23 PM Wrote:
Just4Derek,Oct 6 2006, 11:16 AM Wrote:i could be volunteer too, wanna meet all the focus buddies of GTA area
[right][snapback]210429[/snapback][/right]
we are not buddies.

just f***tards. :D
[right][snapback]210460[/snapback][/right]

Sooner the newbs learn this the better. :lol:
darkpuppet,Oct 6 2006, 09:56 AM Wrote:I'd volunteer my services, but not sure when I'm going to have a free weekend over the next few weeks.  Need to let the work situation even out a bit.

But just to throw in my 2 cents, you should pick up some colour matched spray paint, and paint the brackets that hold the strut to the car.  (even as far as maybe masking and then painting it while on the car to colour the rivets.) ... it would go a long way of making the bracket appear as though it belongs on the car, and not just something you tacked on...
[right][snapback]210403[/snapback][/right]

That's an idea, a custom spray bomb from NAPA maybe? I'd want to do it after the brackets are installed, easier to ensure that the surfaces that are getting joined together are mated properly when both surfaces are dry and clean.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 6 2006, 06:16 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Oct 6 2006, 09:56 AM Wrote:I'd volunteer my services, but not sure when I'm going to have a free weekend over the next few weeks.  Need to let the work situation even out a bit.

But just to throw in my 2 cents, you should pick up some colour matched spray paint, and paint the brackets that hold the strut to the car.  (even as far as maybe masking and then painting it while on the car to colour the rivets.) ... it would go a long way of making the bracket appear as though it belongs on the car, and not just something you tacked on...
[right][snapback]210403[/snapback][/right]

That's an idea, a custom spray bomb from NAPA maybe? I'd want to do it after the brackets are installed, easier to ensure that the surfaces that are getting joined together are mated properly when both surfaces are dry and clean.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]210494[/snapback][/right]

You could try the NAPA on Dundas at Glen Erin. Failing that I think there is a C-Max around the corner which is the body shop division of NAPA on Glen Erin.
C-MAX Mississauga
ya you'd have to go to c-max for it .. then you can get it on the spot, otherwise napa would have to order it or send you over there anyways

last time i got one from them it was about $24
if anyones interested.
he's coming to my place monday morning 10 am.
pm I will give you my addy
Sundown,Oct 7 2006, 05:36 PM Wrote:if anyones interested.
he's coming to my place monday morning 10 am.
pm I will give you my addy
[right][snapback]210581[/snapback][/right]

great. I can't nail the boy down as my hours are completely the opposite of his and I haven't even seen him yet today (although, I woke up at 430 after a long night of getting paid $55+ per hour to do next to nothing).
Glad someone came to the rescue.
Have fun.
Pages: 1 2