FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rear Bumper Fixed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally got the paint fixed on the rear bumper of the focus. They did a pretty good job, but there is a part in the paint where there is a "silicone bubble" in the top coat (does this make sense??)... I'm bringing her back to get that touched up. Overall, pretty impressed with the job that they did though, and it only cost 100$ cash... yay for being a chick!!

The new job...

[Image: PA050502.jpg]

What it looked like before...

[Image: P9200222.jpg]
Where did you go for 100$
Sounds like you have a clearcoat drip.

they call them grapes I believe.
focusonthis_88,Oct 5 2006, 10:12 AM Wrote:Where did you go for 100$
[right][snapback]210214[/snapback][/right]

Colourworks near my dads work... just off of Innes. It's the guy that the dealerships call to repair small scratches, scuffs and dings that happen on the lot. He had done some work on some of my dad's trucks and some of his employees cars, and everyone I talked to seemed pretty satisfied, so I decided to give it a shot. He guarantees everything, so if you're not happy, he'll just re-do it... pretty good for me.

I just realized that in the picture it looks like there is a vertical line in the paint coming down from the top of the bumper (around the corner).... that's not a problem with the job... that's the reflective of my leg... lol
ANTHONYD,Oct 5 2006, 10:17 AM Wrote:Sounds like you have a clearcoat drip.

they call them grapes I believe.
[right][snapback]210216[/snapback][/right]

Easy to fix?/ Worth the hassle?
Looks like a pretty good job. They might be able to just sand down that spot in the clear coat.
If it's just a run in the clear, it's easy enough to wet sand out and they'll be able to do that, they'll probably blow another layer of clear depending on how much they have to take off or they'll just buff it up to a nice shine. If it's a "silicone bubble" it's because they didn't get all the wax, grease or silicone off of the surface before spraying which means stripping it down cleaning and repainting it. So if it's a silicone bubble, make sure it gets redone or you have a very good chance of it peeling.
Looks great!
Looks good. We got a company call Colour Works that do the same thing. They will paint the one section that is sratched.....
looks so good it looks like a completely different bumper in the first pic..