FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pimp Deal On Hockey Skates!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bauer Supreme 25s for $149.99, on sale from $199.99. Not sure how long the sale will be on for, but the skates are NICE! I grabbed a pair last night :)

They're stainless-steel blades, too... CDN Tire's best pricepoint for SS blades.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/pro...D=1159897391004

LOL, Berin... sorry man, I'm a tad scatter-brained today. Floor hockey over lunch was brutal :D
thats a fairly good deal, 149.99 for a pair of skates not too bad.

i have a pair of Nike Quest 1 that were about $700 new, didn't pay that.
FocusGuy7476,Oct 3 2006, 08:56 PM Wrote:thats a fairly good deal, 149.99 for a pair of skates not too bad.

i have a pair of Nike Quest 1 that were about $700 new, didn't pay that.
[right][snapback]210002[/snapback][/right]

i got a pair of mission amp flyweights, their top skate, picked it up at the end of the season for less than half price, still was a $300+ skate but worth every penny!!
mind you i was still playing rep hockey at the time, they work good for pick up now :D
I skated on them last night for the first time... I'm helping my boss coach his hockey team this year.

I gotta say, they're like freaking Cadillacs for your feet! I went from standing around, to skating at a crawl, to full tilt once the kids were largely off the ice and my feet were completely happy all the time. No "new skate" woes or anything.

If memory serves, my last pair of good skates were Bauer Supremes 10 years ago (before they were lost 4 years later <_< ) and even they weren't that good for the first couple of weeks. I could have skated all night yesterday! :D

I really recommend these guys for pickup, fairly-competitive industrial leagues, etc. etc. I'm sure they don't have all the niceties of $400+ skates, but for what I need them for they're ideal.
the new materials in skates have advanced so much in the past few years. i used to have to wear my skates around the house to break them in. i still do, just to get a feel for wearing skates again.

they used to heat form skates in an oven, put them on your feet and have them mould to your feet. felt awesome stepping into a pair of warm skates.

but now, they mould to your feet by wearing them. amazing what they can do in a few years.