FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fiesta Teaser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ford.ca has a small microsite for the 2011 Fiesta
Follow the Fiesta is a rediculous promotion! They don't even include Ottawa, Halifax, Calgary or Edmonton? Quebec City for two weeks, but no Ottawa.

Dumb, dumb, dumb... :thumbsdownsmileyanim:
Aren't these events usually held in conjunction with local Ford dealers? :blink:

If the local dealers can't or don't want to participate, don't think Ford Canada is going to foot the entire bill.

NefCanuck
reldridge,Oct 7 2009, 09:16 AM Wrote:Follow the Fiesta is a rediculous promotion! They don't even include Ottawa, Halifax, Calgary or Edmonton? Quebec City for two weeks, but no Ottawa.

Dumb, dumb, dumb...  :thumbsdownsmileyanim:
[right][snapback]295593[/snapback][/right]

Quoted FTW...I was very dissapointed when I found out there were only 4 cities this tour was going to.
I e-mailed Ford complaining of such a small section of Canada, and this is the response... I'm almost tempted to say "stop by my work on the way to Toronto from Montreal..."

Dear Mr. Eldridge,

Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre. We received your message sent on 10/7/2009 regarding the Ford Follow the Fiesta Tour.

Ford of Canada is concerned with the satisfaction of all our customers. Your feedback is highly valued by all divisions within Ford of Canada and serves to provide us with insight into areas where we may need improvement.

The Follow the Fiesta Tour is not available in your locations. Please accept our apology for any treatment that fell short of your expectations.

When customers send us constructive comments, you help reinforce our efforts to build the finest automotive products and services in the industry. We have documented your comments for future reference and hope that future experiences with Ford events will outweigh this one.

Mr. Eldridge, Ford of Canada is committed to maintaining a satisfying and long-term relationship with our customers. We would like you to continue to enjoy the many Ford products and services that we have to offer.

If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.

Sincerely,
Christian
Ford of Canada
Customer Relationship Centre

Well it's nice that they sent a response at all, even though it reads like a template where they just insert your name and complaint. I guess a little lip service is better than nothing.
That was my take on it.

And if the local dealers have to chip in, I find it hard to believe that the 10+ Ottawa dealers wouldn't go for it...
reldridge,Oct 7 2009, 10:00 PM Wrote:I e-mailed Ford complaining of such a small section of Canada, and this is the response... I'm almost tempted to say "stop by my work on the way to Toronto from Montreal..."

Dear Mr. Eldridge,

Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre.  We received your message sent on 10/7/2009 regarding the Ford Follow the Fiesta Tour.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.

Sincerely,
Christian
Ford of Canada
Customer Relationship Centre
[right][snapback]295677[/snapback][/right]

Oh oh... now you will have trouble selling your car...

CUDL recorded on your OASIS report... Customer Data Link :lol:
reldridge,Oct 8 2009, 09:24 AM Wrote:That was my take on it.

And if the local dealers have to chip in, I find it hard to believe that the 10+ Ottawa dealers wouldn't go for it...
[right][snapback]295688[/snapback][/right]

Ah, the Form Letter response :rolleyes:

Thing is, without knowing who the biggest volume dealers are, it's tough to say whether the "right" dealerships (if any at all) in Ottawa, had shown any interest in the "Fiesta Tour".

Not to sound like an apologist or anything, but there could be numerous reasons why the tour isn't stopping in Ottawa.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 8 2009, 01:30 PM Wrote:
reldridge,Oct 8 2009, 09:24 AM Wrote:That was my take on it.

[right][snapback]295688[/snapback][/right]

Ah, the Form Letter response :rolleyes:

Thing is, without knowing who the biggest volume dealers are, it's tough to say whether the "right" dealerships (if any at all) in Ottawa, had shown any interest in the "Fiesta Tour".

Not to sound like an apologist or anything, but there could be numerous reasons why the tour isn't stopping in Ottawa.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]295694[/snapback][/right]
Ottawa is mostly government employees, and students. Government workers make too much and wouldn't be interested, students, a high credit risk. ( please note the sarcasm in this post )
oldeguy,Oct 8 2009, 01:50 PM Wrote:Ottawa is mostly government employees, and students. Government workers make too much and wouldn't be interested, students, a high credit risk. ( please note the sarcasm in this post )
[right][snapback]295697[/snapback][/right]

That better be sarcasm... :D I'm one of those government employees, and I drive a 2000 Focus... :lol:

Honestly though, every day on the 417, I pass what seems like hundreds of Accents, Rios and Aveos. They sell well here, so the Fiesta could clean up!