FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Racing Is Dangerous!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:17-year-old girl killed driving rocket car at race track
Canadian Press

CAYUGA, ONT. — A 17-year-old Windsor-area girl was killed Sunday afternoon when the rocket car she was piloting crashed at a race track near Cayuga.

Provincial police say Kendall Hebert of Tecumseh was driving at more than 500 kilometres an hour on the quarter-mile track when the vehicle veered off the end of the strip.

The vehicle then crashed into a concrete barrier, bounced over the wall and rolled several times, ejecting her from the vehicle.

Emergency personnel at the track transported her to West Haldimand Hospital, Hagersville where she was pronounced dead.
LINK
im gonna get flamed...

TAKE IT TO THE STREETS!!!
Flofocus,Oct 2 2006, 03:40 PM Wrote:im gonna get flamed...

TAKE IT TO THE STREETS!!!
[right][snapback]209743[/snapback][/right]

You think you're going to get flamed?

I TOLD YOU WOMEN CAN'T DRIVE
My first reaction to this was:
WTF put a 17 year old girl into a rocket car that can go 500km/h.

Edit: I saw the real news report and this kid had the skills, or so everybody said that was on the news. It is a young tragic death reguardless of cause.
hardk0re,Oct 2 2006, 04:01 PM Wrote:My first reaction to this was:
WTF put a 17 year old girl into a rocket car that can go 500km/h.
[right][snapback]209755[/snapback][/right]

Well, she had guts...I wouldn't even try that! :ph34r:
It's tragic but things happen when you risk yourself. No difference then the auto-X veteran who died recently in his cobra....

Things happen, very unfortunate.
Really, she was way too young to die... but she did pass doing something she loved to do. And she had a three year contract I heard on the news as when she turns 19, some sort of legal age to compete in a different class, she had big plans ahead!
you guys are horrible.
hey guys, this girl has been drag racing her whole life. her dad races full modifieds and her sis runs jr. dragsters. her brother(s) also drag race. a good family friend is her step aunt and ive been to grandparents house more then a few times though i never met her. she lived just outside of windsor.

shes the same age as my lil sister and my sis knew her. it was a huge shock to her family and mine.

right now the racing community here in windsor is in a state of shock. her and her father were very well known. she is or was applying to be in the guiness book of world records for being the fastest/youngest female driver in teh world.

That's a pretty s***ty way to go, but it is a pretty dangerous sport and I'm sure she knew that going into it. It's still pretty tragic though, that's got to be really tough for her racing family..
ZX5focused,Oct 2 2006, 10:22 PM Wrote:hey guys, this girl has been drag racing her whole life.  her dad races full modifieds and her sis runs jr. dragsters.  her brother(s) also drag race.  a good family friend is her step aunt and ive been to grandparents house more then a few times though i never met her.  she lived just outside of windsor. 

shes the same age as my lil sister and my sis knew her.  it was a huge shock to her family and mine.

right now the racing community here in windsor is in a state of shock. her and her father were very well known.  she is or was applying to be in the guiness book of world records for being the fastest/youngest female driver in teh world.
[right][snapback]209817[/snapback][/right]

it is with great sadness to see someone so young go so soon, but at least she died doing something she loved.

RIP Kendall :(:(:(
I feel sorry for the girl but ironically she was probably safer drag racing on a supervisied & controlled curcuit than she was driving to the track. Things sometimes happen for no descernable reason other than fate.

RIP

NefCanuck
Sorry, but 500+ KM/H in a dragster down a quarter mile... and she's 17? Funny car / top fuel drivers don't go much faster, and they're HOW old?

I feel for their loss, but I still think she was over her head and had ambition leading where common sense likely fears to tread.
not been a good month for rocket/jet powered cars...
u guys need to learn abit before opening your mouths she had to take tests to go that fast you jsut dont show up and say here I am. Dumbass
my 18 year bro has his liscence to go 7.50 she has had her ticket since she was 16 . It is really sad when a young women dies and all you guys can say is thats a women for ya. give me a f***ing break. IT was her time who cares if it was in a jet power dragster or a "slocus" on the freeway. It is sad and there are ppl out there who are going to miss her.

Grow up

there are a few ppl on this board that if I ever saw you I would probly punch you in the face
DD1,Oct 2 2006, 10:37 PM Wrote:u guys need to learn abit before opening your mouths she had to take tests to go that fast you jsut dont show up and say here I am. Dumbass
my 18 year bro has his liscence to go 7.50 she has had her ticket since she was 16 . It is really sad when a young women dies and all you guys can say is thats a women for ya. give me a f***ing break. IT was her time who cares if it was in a jet power dragster or a "slocus" on the freeway. It is sad and there are ppl out there who are going to miss her.

Grow up

there are a few ppl on this board that if I ever saw you I would probly punch you in the face
[right][snapback]209866[/snapback][/right]

Well said, guess should people would rather judge than show any compassion.
DD1,Oct 2 2006, 10:37 PM Wrote:u guys need to learn abit before opening your mouths she had to take tests to go that fast you jsut dont show up and say here I am. Dumbass

Grow up

thanks for saying what i felt before when i first came across this. more then likely my parents and sis will be going to the funeral home.

its really sad, but im sure she knew the risks of doing this.
ZX5focused,Oct 2 2006, 10:46 PM Wrote:

Grow up

thanks for saying what i felt before when i first came across this. more then likely my parents and sis will be going to the funeral home.

its really sad, but im sure she knew the risks of doing this.
[right][snapback]209870[/snapback][/right]

I'm not gonna call anyone in particular out, but some people need to take their holy than tho attitude and shove it sideways up their ass.

My thoughts are with your family and her's can't be an easy thing to go thru.

Grow up

First reasonable comment I heard from you! I totally agree! It was a passion that her life/family/business fueled, not just any passion, her passion. I for one wouldn't have the guts to drive one.
Tough weekend for racing
Prayers and sympathy to the family and friends of the young woman.
Pages: 1 2