FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Dad's New Ride...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Check out my dad's new ride...

Dad's new ride

He got the call tonight. He bought a ticket online about 2 months ago after seeing the car in Carlisle at the All-Ford Nationals back in June. The priest from the church called him just after supper tonight. Needless to say, he is in shock still. :)

This will fit in the stable nicely, next to his '66 Mustang Coupe, the '84 Mustang GT and the 2000 Mustang V6. He mentioned he might give me the V6... :D

Good things do happen to people!

Ryan
Congrats to your dad, hope he can get in some fun time with the 'Stang before the snow flies ;)

NefCanuck
what a lucky guy......sweet ride
Nice one Ryan! Tell your father I said congrats! He is getting quite the collection going there!
wow.. that's awesome.. congrats!
congrats to you for the V6 and to your dad's new sweet ride :)
Sweet! Congrats! The page doesn't fully load (only background) must be having high traffic eh?
Sweet
no linky workie.

congrats whatever it is....

:lol:
ANTHONYD Wrote:no linky workie.

congrats whatever it is....

reldridge Wrote:seeing the car in Carlisle at the All-Ford Nationals back in June...

http://www.winastang.com/

:unsure: I'm assuming it's a Mustang?! :P
Sweeeeeeeet! Doesn't get much better than a free Mustang! Congrats to your Pops!
Wow, who would have known that winning a 2006 Mustang GT would be a headache?

Has anybody here ever imported a new car before? My advice... DON'T!

He has to fill out about 20 forms, pay GST and PST, take the car to Canadian Tire of all places to have them certify that it complies with Canadian safety standards for $200 (luckily the work can be performed by anybody) and bring it through the main border crossing in Niagara Falls.

So far, it only looks like the car will need a Daytime Running Light module installed.

Oh, and since he has to pick it up, he has to wait until his schedule syncs with the Reverend's schedule. So he probably won't be picking it up until after Thanksgiving.

I keep telling him "It's only a little work for a $40,000 car..." :lol:

Pics once it arrives... :)

Ryan
Could have taken the cash !! hehehe!! But knowing your father he'd rather the car!

reldridge,Oct 3 2006, 11:19 PM Wrote:Has anybody here ever imported a new car before? My advice... DON'T!
I don't know about cars, but bringing brand new bikes here from the USA is a breeze and you save thousands of dollars.
reldridge,Oct 3 2006, 11:19 PM Wrote:Pics once it arrives... :)
Ryan
[right][snapback]210019[/snapback][/right]
Did the Mustang ever arrive? I missed it.
:postpics:
Oh it arrived, just in storage... Pics to come once all three ('66 Coupe, '84 GT, '06 GT) after the 12th.

I haven't seen the 2006 yet since it came to Canada, then went in storage for the winter.

Ryan
reldridge,May 3 2007, 09:26 AM Wrote:Oh it arrived, just in storage... Pics to come once all three ('66 Coupe, '84 GT, '06 GT) after the 12th.

I haven't seen the 2006 yet since it came to Canada, then went in storage for the winter.

Ryan
[right][snapback]237223[/snapback][/right]

storage? What.. Roush Mustang's aren't good winter cars ? c'mon..

i hope its not an automatic like it is in the pic ... that would totally ruin a nice roush stang
Duh. The pic is of the 2007 car. He won this in '06.
Pages: 1 2