FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: When To Switch To Winter Tires...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, seeing as it's already getting cold here in Pet, I'm considering putting the winter tires on the car already...it's just a matter of when.

Anyone else already switched?
I haven't done mine yet, but i'm thinkin i'll do it in the next couple of weeks. They'll definately be switched by halloween.
Nope. I usually wait till mid-late oct or when the first snowfall hits.
I'm waiting to see when is a good time to sell this extra brand new set of winter tyres of mine for the fucus
no point of switching them when there's no snow man......winter tires are not that good on gas milege.....plus u don't get that kind of driving as you always want
they r ment for snow not for halloween weather
Yeah, but the winter tires I have are designed for when the roads are bare too...

That, and it snows here sooner and longer than other parts of Ontario...
Usually 3rd week in October for me.
December 1st. There. Done and done. From now on, December 1st will be known as change your fawkin tires day.
nov 1st I switch cars, and switch the summers on the accord.
meford4u,Oct 1 2006, 08:25 AM Wrote:December 1st.  There.  Done and done.  From now on, December 1st will be known as change your fawkin tires day.
[right][snapback]209576[/snapback][/right]

I have Falken tires so I guess I'll do mine on December 1st - what day do you have planned for everyone else?
meford4u,Oct 1 2006, 12:25 PM Wrote:December 1st.  There.  Done and done.  From now on, December 1st will be known as change your fawkin tires day.
[right][snapback]209576[/snapback][/right]

Thats the date I use - seems to work out well B)
Well seeing that my Fuzion's really suck in the snow I better start thinking about buying some rims and tires. I am thinking of getting some used Tempo or Contour rims in either 14" or 15". Snow tires are on sale all over the place right now so I better get on the ball.

Paolo, what do you want to sell?
honestly my Focus won't see all season tires any more...last winter i almost killed myself 10 times during snow time....so from now its always gonna be 2 sets summer and snow
I usually wait until the first semi-serious snowfall. Maybe mid november I'll start contemplating it.
I'll probably switch nov1 .. if just to save on the tread wear...
I switch when the daytime highs are under 5C. My summer tires suck in the cold and the last thing I need is the back end passing me in a corner or sliding through an intersection. Winter tires are just as much for the cold as the snow.
I may do mine this weekend...only because I have nothing else better to do.
I was thinking of changing mine this wkd or next...but it can't decide WTF to do here in Renfrew county lately...

1/2 day of rain and maybe 10C...followed by mixed cloud and sun and like 15C

1 day of maybe 3-5C, then the next day is almost 20C +....

I think it WILL snow here if I switch my rims to the 15's. It almost ALWAYS rains bad here when I wash my car, it storms and hails when I wax it....so why not snow next?

:P