FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What The F*** Is Wrong With People **updated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The roof is a critical part of the structure of the car. The worst part to be damaged would be the "A" pillar, the front pillar or the side supports for the windshield. If they are damaged at all, they will not fix your car.

And the kids in your city need a serious ass kicking.
That freaking suck! I don't know what I would do to the kids if I would of caught them! Sorry for your ride!
Well if that's the case Bryan, I think it'd be safe to say that the sunroof helped support it further from worse damage... and hopefully it helped in keeping the car driveable/repairable.

The first thing you should have done upon delivery is slap an alarm on there, two way at best. I've had a two way Python for over three years now (Focus and Ranger) and it works wonders! Just the odd dumbass (friends etc) that like to set the alarm off and see you running out of work! :lol:
Statistics showed that vandalism rates quadroupled at theatres showing jackass 1.. and so far, nearly 5 times as much with jackass 2.

Because unfortunately, that's how society is, and the type of people likely to pay to see that movie...

hopefully you can get it fixed up... I'd love to give the punks that do this s*** a beat down.
euro_zx5,Oct 1 2006, 08:21 AM Wrote:Well if that's the case Bryan, I think it'd be safe to say that the sunroof helped support it further from worse damage... and hopefully it helped in keeping the car driveable/repairable.

The first thing you should have done upon delivery is slap an alarm on there, two way at best. I've had a two way Python for over three years now (Focus and Ranger) and it works wonders! Just the odd dumbass (friends etc) that like to set the alarm off and see you running out of work! :lol:
[right][snapback]209587[/snapback][/right]
That is my plan. I want a pager system with a delay b4 setting the alarm off time enuff for me to come running outta my house with the first hard object I find.
That completly blows.
what a mess
I hear you, man.

We were at Oscar's place Saturday night. We came out at 2AM to a slew of coffee and ice cream poured all over the Focus. I was beyond pissed. Fortunately I had a hunch and it paid off.

No, I didn't catch the bastards. What I did was instead of panicking, I waited till morning and hosed it all off with the high-pressure nozzle on the garden hose. Everything came off.

We got lucky enough that when they came around, dew had already settled on the car and formed something of a barrier or less bondable surface and kept it all from sticking.

Sadly, your scenario won't hose off :(
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 2 2006, 08:14 AM Wrote:I hear you, man.

We were at Oscar's place Saturday night. We came out at 2AM to a slew of coffee and ice cream poured all over the Focus. I was beyond pissed. Fortunately I had a hunch and it paid off.

No, I didn't catch the bastards. What I did was instead of panicking, I waited till morning and hosed it all off with the high-pressure nozzle on the garden hose. Everything came off.

We got lucky enough that when they came around, dew had already settled on the car and formed something of a barrier or less bondable surface and kept it all from sticking.

Sadly, your scenario won't hose off :(
[right][snapback]209667[/snapback][/right]

I guess they don't like the nights***.
darkpuppet,Oct 1 2006, 11:36 AM Wrote:Because unfortunately, that's how society is, and the type of people likely to pay to see that movie...[right][snapback]209597[/snapback][/right]

Not entirely true, that movie is top on the box office right now, so your saying most people watching it (which included me and my gf last night) are vandals?! If people are basing their decisions in life on stupid entertainment, we've got problems.
euro_zx5,Oct 2 2006, 08:49 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Oct 1 2006, 11:36 AM Wrote:Because unfortunately, that's how society is, and the type of people likely to pay to see that movie...[right][snapback]209597[/snapback][/right]

Not entirely true, that movie is top on the box office right now, so your saying most people watching it (which included me and my gf last night) are vandals?! If people are basing their decisions in life on stupid entertainment, we've got problems.
[right][snapback]209672[/snapback][/right]

well, considering that incidences of vandalism rise by over 5 times during the playing of the movie, there's statistical evidence saying that people likely to cause trouble are more likely to show up at a screening of Jackass than, oh, say, Brokeback mountain.

And yes, we do have problems, because people are increasingly being taught that they can be stupid and prosper from it...

But it's not just that.. there has always been people in the past who like to re-enact their favourite movies. I'm sure that many will recall the outcries from parenting groups after the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie came out. Kids were getting seriously hurt mimicing the things they saw in the movie... and that's why the 2nd movie had that cheesy opening scene where they were using food to fight the bad guys.

The same thing is happening with jackass the movie. And coupled with a generation growing up on the prevalent notion of doing anything for 15 minutes of fame, participating in jackass stunts requires the least amount of thought.

So, yes, I maintain that vandals (or actually, those more engrossed in the jackass culture and likely to live it out in their real lives) are more likely to show up at a screening of jackass.

It doesn't mean that everone going is a vandal, only that the attendees are statistically more likely to include vandals.

p.s. I think it's pretty rash to be personally offended by the statements I made. I didn't say everyone seeing that movie was a punk by association. (hell, I own the 1st movie.. I just wouldn't go to a theatre to see it).
s***ty deal. No respect at all these days.

Id be sicking the houds on em, thats for sure.
If I knew who the hell did it. There face would look worse than my car. Alas I don't and prolly for the better (police charges and all) I was in a pure rage that night. Have an appointment Wednesday with the insurance to get the apprasial. Took it by the Ford Bodyshop where I had it fixed last time. I talked to the guy I know he figures entire roof needs to be replaced, he said those roofs can't be fixed. But my hood he figures he'll get painted for me as well. So I'll keep yall updated.
--Updated info. Insurance adjuster put damage at 4000$. New windshield, antenna, new roof, paint and fix dents in hood, paintless dent repair my door. 200$ charge to me for deductible. Ford's already ordering the parts and figures about a week for the new roof.
2 years ago on devils night I was going out to a friends house for some beers. I noticed a car driving down my street very slowly and as it came by me a couple of punks threw eggs at it, so in calm fashion I picked up a rock from a rock garden around our tree and threw it like a fast ball right through there rear window, they stoped and I picked up another rock and thew it at there rear light.....after that they pealed out and took off. I found out who it was later, but didnt care cause I got them back enough.
darkpuppet,Oct 1 2006, 11:36 AM Wrote:Because unfortunately, that's how society is, and the type of people likely to pay to see that movie...It doesn't mean that everone going is a vandal, only that the attendees are statistically more likely to include vandals.

p.s.  I think it's pretty rash to be personally offended by the statements I made.  I didn't say everyone seeing that movie was a punk by association.  (hell, I own the 1st movie.. I just wouldn't go to a theatre to see it).
[right][snapback]209697[/snapback][/right]

Sorry... I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted to clarify that we're not all vandals. I for one would never do anything I saw on the movie :lol: Not to mention i've seen too many people screwed over to wanna do something stupid back to someone else, as I understand totally how it feels. *holds up towel in peace* :mellow:
euro_zx5,Oct 4 2006, 05:25 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Oct 1 2006, 11:36 AM Wrote:Because unfortunately, that's how society is, and the type of people likely to pay to see that movie...It doesn't mean that everone going is a vandal, only that the attendees are statistically more likely to include vandals.

p.s.  I think it's pretty rash to be personally offended by the statements I made.  I didn't say everyone seeing that movie was a punk by association.  (hell, I own the 1st movie.. I just wouldn't go to a theatre to see it).
[right][snapback]209697[/snapback][/right]

Sorry... I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted to clarify that we're not all vandals. I for one would never do anything I saw on the movie :lol: Not to mention i've seen too many people screwed over to wanna do something stupid back to someone else, as I understand totally how it feels. *holds up towel in peace* :mellow:
[right][snapback]210152[/snapback][/right]
Back on point. 4000 DOLLARS, AHHHH Good thing I don't pay that.
Pages: 1 2