FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: From The (to-scale) Street
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-...9873850785

Too damn cool. I'd love to have a setup like that... it saves on tires, suspension and e-brake wear! :lol:

I especially love the white, 89/90 RX-7 (FB I believe). So nice. :)
I'll admit thats pretty damn cool!
Sweet! I've got a white RX-7 drift car from TycoRC. Two sets of tires and all! :D

http://www.tycorc.com/us/product.asp?categ...ategory_id=7815

Nothing like the cars shows there, but still cool! :P
Those are some pretty sweet RC cars.
That's awesome!!!

I used to try and make my Tyco Bandit do that (I had the full-size one from the US too)...it didn't drift that great because of the nobbie tires for dirt, but I still tried. I also remember I took the plastic rollbar off of it, and made a new one out of Mechanno that I painted chrome....lol...
First off...way cool.

However, trust me, they've slowed down the footage quite a bit. Those cars motor.

makes me want to get mine back out.

Those little "toys" are EXPENSIVE!
wonder if i could take the front diff out of mine to make it drift. then we can see some sideways focus drifting.
I started surfing ebay for Tamiya and Kyosho cars and kits after looking at this thread...
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 29 2006, 08:43 PM Wrote:I especially love the white, 89/90 RX-7 (FB I believe). So nice. :)
[right][snapback]209414[/snapback][/right]

The 90 RX-7 was the FC, the last generation (like the yellow one) is the FD. Initial D teaches you so much useful knowledge :P.

That is definitely some impressive footage, those guys have some sweet technique and those cars are awesome. Where would you find a track like that though, is that something that an RC shop would set up in their back lot or something?
You could set something up like that in a new parkinglot.

We used to poach new wal-marts and such for new asphalt.
ANTHONYD,Sep 30 2006, 07:25 AM Wrote:First off...way cool.

However, trust me, they've slowed down the footage quite a bit. Those cars motor.

[right][snapback]209445[/snapback][/right]

actually, a lot of the video isn't slowed down...those cars ARE that slow.

They'll often times be running a much harder rubber than a 'grip' racer would, so the cars slide extremely easily...

I'd be much more impressed if someone was smoking the tiress off their nitro r/c instead of doing this...
darkpuppet,Sep 30 2006, 11:20 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Sep 30 2006, 07:25 AM Wrote:First off...way cool.

[right][snapback]209445[/snapback][/right]

actually, a lot of the video isn't slowed down...those cars ARE that slow.

They'll often times be running a much harder rubber than a 'grip' racer would, so the cars slide extremely easily...

I'd be much more impressed if someone was smoking the tiress off their nitro r/c instead of doing this...
[right][snapback]209551[/snapback][/right]

I used to that.

"placing foot on the hood"