FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Before I Do Bolt-on's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[...] I want to do exterior modifications.

I'm basically going for as clean of a look as possible. So far, to the outside of the car, I've put on 35% tint up front, 15% on the back.

Thinking of re-doing the hatch in 5% and the fronts in 25%.

Heard about doing an SVT suspension swap? For some reason I keep thinking that an SVT susp makes the car sit a half inch lower? I was thinking of going this route because a half inch drop is subtle, which I think is perfect.

I won't be doing any crazy bumper kits, chrome door handles, dual exhaust pipes coming out the back bumper 6inchs, crazy graphics, weird coloured paint jobs, etc.

Just a sleek clean look.

Any suggestions? What would do? A quiet mod like nightshading the blinkers for example wouldn't stick out on its own, but adds to the overall feel.
The SVT suspension swap seems to be the norm for alot of you regular focus guys :P. If your not in any rush, ill be selling my spring/shocks/struts pretty soon. No sways though, another member has dibs on them ahahha

Nightshade on the turnies looks wicked IMO
Mystake,Apr 13 2010, 05:01 PM Wrote:[...] I want to do exterior modifications.

I'm basically going for as clean of a look as possible. So far, to the outside of the car, I've put on 35% tint up front, 15% on the back.

Thinking of re-doing the hatch in 5% and the fronts in 25%.

Heard about doing an SVT suspension swap? For some reason I keep thinking that an SVT susp makes the car sit a half inch lower? I was thinking of going this route because a half inch drop is subtle, which I think is perfect.

I won't be doing any crazy bumper kits, chrome door handles, dual exhaust pipes coming out the back bumper 6inchs, crazy graphics, weird coloured paint jobs, etc.

Just a sleek clean look.

Any suggestions? What would do? A quiet mod like nightshading the blinkers for example wouldn't stick out on its own, but adds to the overall feel.
[right][snapback]305062[/snapback][/right]
Thumbs up on SVT suspension ... you might also consider replacing the headlights with projector type with integral turn signals and then you could replace the grill with the SVT one without turn signals ... rather than nightshade you might consider euro tails - different price range but definitely a subtle and IMO elegant change.

Unless your car is black you might also consider SVT ext rearview mirrors with body-colour caps
Could you show me a picture of the SVT ext rearview mirrors with body-colour caps?

And my focus is liquid grey.

As for subtle or elegant, elegant works. What I've been telling people lately with the interior modifications I've been doing is that I couldn't afford the Bentley so I'm building one! (so far I've done very little to the interior but I've swapped in leather front buckets in the same colour as the old stock seats, double din in dash radio navi)

in the end, the car will have hopefully a classy look but the power to deliver too.

edit: pm me the info about your suspenion. I take it it's from an SVT?
Hope this helps....I painted mine, they clip out easy once you know how to do it :)
[Image: hk18.jpg]
Mystake,Apr 13 2010, 05:40 PM Wrote:Could you show me a picture of the SVT ext rearview mirrors with body-colour caps?

[right][snapback]305071[/snapback][/right]
The car in this photo has the Mach HID headlights but also has the turn signals in the grill ... Ford has a grill without turn signals (very inexpensive BTW) which IMO looks great ... anyway

One good looking F-SVT - check out the mirrors

Thanks guys! I'll look into these then. I need to change the thread title though
'Before I do Bolt-on's'

[...] I'll get the car fixed.

it's in the garage now.
SVT drop or 1.5, the wagon sport wing, turn down muffler tip with no rear bumper notch, fully shaved front bumper, rolled fenders, black EAPs with wheel spacers, projectors or HIDs, and a flat black roof. B) B) B)
Jmountney1,Apr 14 2010, 01:03 PM Wrote:SVT drop or 1.5, the wagon sport wing, turn down muffler tip with no rear bumper notch, fully shaved front bumper, rolled fenders, black EAPs with wheel spacers, projectors or HIDs, and a flat black roof. B)  B)  B)
[right][snapback]305135[/snapback][/right]

The wagon wing fits the ZX5??? Seriously how do you know that?? If so, that's awesome.
ZTWsquared,Apr 14 2010, 06:46 PM Wrote:
Jmountney1,Apr 14 2010, 01:03 PM Wrote:SVT drop or 1.5, the wagon sport wing, turn down muffler tip with no rear bumper notch, fully shaved front bumper, rolled fenders, black EAPs with wheel spacers, projectors or HIDs, and a flat black roof. B)  B)  B)

The wagon wing fits the ZX5??? Seriously how do you know that?? If so, that's awesome.
[right][snapback]305145[/snapback][/right]

im confused i thought he had a wagon

thats a list of stuff i suggested he put on his wagon. im gona say wagon wing dosnt fit the zx3/zx5 (im sher a body shop could do it if you realy wanted)
Jmountney1,Apr 14 2010, 02:20 PM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Apr 14 2010, 06:46 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]305145[/snapback][/right]

im confused i thought he had a wagon

thats a list of stuff i suggested he put on his wagon. im gona say wagon wing dosnt fit the zx3/zx5 (im sher a body shop could do it if you realy wanted)
[right][snapback]305154[/snapback][/right]

maybe it was my comment about the hatch? I have a hatchback ZX5. (its in my sig)
my bad