FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Top Speed Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFgDfBjhKYo

After seeing this, I know that a boosted Foci should be able to run out of both speedometer, and rpms in no time....guess it'd be time to switch to a different final drive ratio...

Yeah, the music is dumb, and the camera is shaky...but it ISfaster than MY car...lol
dang...

he's driving with one hand and holding a cam///

thats weird how u can't hear car's engine at all
That needle moves so slow :P
Actually, I am thinking his car is stock, and that the needle moved fairly quick in it's sweep towards 200+...

I find that my car doesn't start to "stretch it's legs" until 140+, and it actually accelerates as fast from 140-170+ as it does from 80-120...

Aww well, it was kinda cool to find that vid...

Enjoy :ph34r:
I'm sure it is modified somewhat, obviously has a chip, who knows what else. Hitting 200+ in a stock focus, the needle should move slower...unless its downhill :P
wow thats fast
that focus is from Europe for sure No MPH listed and it's all in KPH on the odemeter, more then likely that was done on the autobahn.
Not bad. Here's a couple of mine. Keep in mind both take less than 30 seconds. Someone with an SVTF can comment on the speed they think I'm going because I don't remember.

The second one demonstrates how good the brakes are, He was wearing his seatbelt stretched out to allow a good camera angle.

[Image: th_blown.jpg]

[Image: th_GoStop.jpg]
LOL!

"wanna see how fast we can stop?" I loved hearing that and then seeing the camera operator almost hitting the seat!

Also, in both of those vids, you had quite the power grip and pull on the shifter...

Still, awesome to see a JRSC SVT doing it's thing!
I think that was a stock Focus, and, likely an American one, as it has only mph on the speedo (which I know some cars can come like stock), and the fact that it's left hand drive.

If he was on a flat grade, then I think the car would accelerate that fast, as mine does the same from 140 until it hits the govenor...
[quote=bluetoy,Sep 30 2006, 09:35 AM]
Not bad. Here's a couple of mine. Keep in mind both take less than 30 seconds. Someone with an SVTF can comment on the speed they think I'm going because I don't remember.

The second one demonstrates how good the brakes are, He was wearing his seatbelt stretched out to allow a good camera angle.

That's just terrible!!! Poor camera guy probably scared for life now, probably can never ride in the rear of a boosted svtf ever again!!! you should be ashamed of yourself to put a poor innocent human being through that!!!!! :wacko:
Associate,Oct 1 2006, 06:42 PM Wrote:That's just terrible!!! Poor camera guy probably scared for life now, probably can never ride in the rear of a boosted svtf ever again!!! you should be ashamed of yourself to put a poor innocent human being through that!!!!! :wacko:
[right][snapback]209635[/snapback][/right]

so was that the last time you rode in the backseat of an svtf?

I admit, I'm impressed by the fact you see the camera strap fly up in to the camera's view before the image goes...

What you don't see or hear was the camera ending up in the passengers footwell and me calling Steve every name in the book while I was trying to free myself from being stuck between the two front seats while Steve laughed his a$$ off.
Notice there are no videos from the back seat of a certian Cobra!
stock focus take a while to get to 200.. I couldn't get much faster (unless i was downhill).. theres just no power after that.. now i got around 230+ with the car boosted.. of course, this was on a closed course.. after that, theres no more gears.. ;)
Yeah, wonder if a boosted ZX3 would be better off with the 6spd from the SVTF...hence not running out of gear too soon...