FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Important - About Fuel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my car went in today for service here a tmsa ford in abby. Thought it was going to be the fuel pump/sender. Turns out that it wasn't, what I was told next nearly blew my mind.

Service Writer: Where do you fuel up at?
Me: Chevron
SW: Don't go there anymore. Chevron has the highest amount of sulphur in their fuel next to Shell. Use Mohawk, Petro Can or Esso only.

This shocked me to hear this because I always thought Chevron was the best fuel to use.
Chevron? Aren't chevrons those things painted on the highway too make sure you aren't following to closely? :lol:
Focus man, Focus.,Sep 28 2006, 10:00 PM Wrote:Chevron?  Aren't chevrons those things painted on the highway too make sure you aren't following to closely?  :lol:
[right][snapback]209133[/snapback][/right]

only for 5km outside of Oshawa...
I use Sunoco 99% of the time. Is there any website that recommends a certain station over another for reasons like this?
I use Canadian Tire for the coupons and Esso because it usually cheaper in Scarborough.
Uh oh... I use shell for the Air Miles !!! They have a DSLR that I want!
I use Crappy Tire for the cash and Esso for the points that I convert to RBC Rewards points when I'm out of town or need a $10-30 fill. My mileage never goes more than a few percent out of whack in a given tank, but that's also likely due to driving habits, etc.

I've never filled at a Chevron before... they're in big cities only I take it? I can't recall seeing one around the west end of Toronto, come to think of it.
ultramar..most of the time.. and also its 3cents cheaper for premium on thursdays :P .. if not then sunoco (when im in ottawa)..
only sunoco for the fofo.
I use mainly Sunoco.... or pioneer, but you have to watch pioneer... some of them have been found to have water.

I used a Mcewen out by Ottawa last weekend and i liked the ethanol enhanced grade they have... its an 89 rating for reg price, and i'm at about 765km on that tank... I'll have to fill tonight... the needle is deep in the red
SUNOCO.

ONLY!
yeah I drove about 1200km that day... grimsby -> 1hr past ottawa and back
Ummm, I buy shell all the time...

Maybe it's time to switch to Stinson and Son or Irving in Pembroke...
Evidently the East Coast has different companies. Chevron is huge in the US and Western Canada. I have my FS/SCT programmed for the the 94 octane they sell.

I'm surprised that so many people use Canadian Tire. Ick.
There is a new Canadian Tire "Q" station at Dixie and Eglinton that I filled up at last night. The car wash there is great. They have a $5 special on right now. Going thru the wash it felt as if the water jets were going to strip the paint off.

But you can't beat the 10 times coupons they have from time to time. CTC money is great from Xmas shopping.
You should try driving out west sometime ... :P fill up at a Sunny's or something instead..

ANTHONYD,Sep 29 2006, 03:27 PM Wrote:SUNOCO.

ONLY!
[right][snapback]209323[/snapback][/right]