FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Announces Pricing For 2007 Edge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ford announces pricing for 2007 Edge

Oakville, Ontario - Ford has announced pricing for its all-new, Canadian-built 2007 Edge crossover, which will start at $32,999.

The Edge will be released in four models, starting with the SE in front-wheel drive for $32,999; the SEL starts at $35,999. In all-wheel drive, the Edge is priced at $34,999 in SE trim, and $37,999 in SEL trim. Available options will include $500 18-inch painted aluminum wheels, $320 reverse sending system, $1,700 Vista sunroof, $1,200 DVD entertainment system and DVD navigation system ($2,700 on SE, $2,300 on SEL).

All Edge models are powered by a 3.5-litre V6 with six-speed automatic transmission, and include standard Advance Trac stability program with roll stability control, and side and curtain airbags. The Edge will also share its platform with the Lincoln MKX; both will be built at the company's plant in Oakville, Ontario

So is Edge replacing Escape or Freestyle?
neither, really though I think the edge is way over priced compaired to the american version, Ford once again never factored in our higher dollar value again so we are paying almost $6000 more.
Instead of pricing it right, once again Ford will need to offer rebates. Greedy little bastards up there in the glass tower.
I've seen these up close.

BEAUTIFUL.

Sounds about right for one of these.

[Image: ford-06-07FordEdgeCUV_15.jpg]

I'd wait a few more years before buying one.

Apparently Meford said there are some paint issues.
hmm I just relaized I posted this in the wrong section... my bad.
Frost__2001,Sep 28 2006, 08:40 AM Wrote:hmm I just relaized I posted this in the wrong section... my bad.
[right][snapback]208946[/snapback][/right]

don't worry... someone moved it to another wrong section...
If they don't offer rebates, Canadian buyers will get shafted once again. It's a really nice truck, but it's still over-priced.
Nice looking vehicle but damn is that thing pricey for this market. If Ford thinks pricing the Edge at just under the Chrysler Pacifica in Canada is going to sell them, someone in Dearborn is smoking crack.... and lots of it <_<

NefCanuck
That's higher than expected for pricing in Canada. Once again I will have to travel to the US for a used one if I want a better price/deal.

We aren't having paint issues anymore, now it's fit and finish and body alignment.
They halted production yesterday and sent the new body shop home for the rest of the week until engineers sort the issue out.
This is a good thing.
With the Windstar, they would have just kept building them.
meford4u,Sep 28 2006, 01:16 PM Wrote:That's higher than expected for pricing in Canada.  Once again I will have to travel to the US for a used one if I want a better price/deal.

We aren't having paint issues anymore, now it's fit and finish and body alignment.
They halted production yesterday and sent the new body shop home for the rest of the week until engineers sort the issue out.
This is a good thing.
With the Windstar, they would have just kept building them.
[right][snapback]209028[/snapback][/right]

sounds like my mustang. (I love the car, don't get me wrong), it's in for a half dozen or so rattles, falling weather stripping and weird pulls/creases in the top...
darkpuppet,Sep 28 2006, 01:29 PM Wrote:sounds like my mustang.  (I love the car, don't get me wrong), it's in for a half dozen or so rattles, falling weather stripping and weird pulls/creases in the top...
[right][snapback]209035[/snapback][/right]

Failing weather stripping? :blink: Geez that car has to have less than 5K on the odometre. Are you taking the car through an automatic car wash daily? :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Ya its too bad they priced it as high as they did. If it had been in the mid to upper 20k's i think i woulda considered one. The A or X plan discount, whichever i get, i can't remember, woulda made it affordable to me. But 30k plus puts it out of my price range.
NefCanuck,Sep 28 2006, 01:44 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Sep 28 2006, 01:29 PM Wrote:sounds like my mustang.  (I love the car, don't get me wrong), it's in for a half dozen or so rattles, falling weather stripping and weird pulls/creases in the top...

Failing weather stripping? :blink: Geez that car has to have less than 5K on the odometre. Are you taking the car through an automatic car wash daily? :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]209042[/snapback][/right]

nah.. just new car stuff... that's why on the 7th day, God created warranty (and He thus, on the 7th day, made warranty, and it was good) I have friends that have taken back their accords for more annoyances than this...

but it's always a bit disconcerting to have a 3 week old car rattling away....
darkpuppet,Sep 28 2006, 02:40 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

nah.. just new car stuff... that's why on the 7th day, God created warranty (and He thus, on the 7th day, made warranty, and it was good) I have friends that have taken back their accords for more annoyances than this...

[right][snapback]209060[/snapback][/right]

Turn up the radio, just drown out those damn rattles.
That's expensive, to say the least. Mind you, it IS cheaper than the Explorer, the F150, and the lincolns...

My car has rattles in it everywhere now too...tradeoff of a stiff suspension that results in VERY limited compliance in the winter...lol
darkpuppet,Sep 28 2006, 02:40 PM Wrote:nah.. just new car stuff... that's why on the 7th day, God created warranty (and He thus, on the 7th day, made warranty, and it was good) I have friends that have taken back their accords for more annoyances than this...

I suppose that also has a lot to do with the fact that you have a convertable (more chassis flex, despite whatever engineering tricks they employ, a 'vert is always looser than a sedan)

Heh, mine doesn't rattle yet and it's 2 years / 40K on it (It's still so tight that I hear the crap I have in the TRUNK sliding around as my only annoyance noises :D)

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Sep 28 2006, 02:40 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

I think you officially have more rattles than my Focus, and you're stock... I'd be wedging my foot squarely up their collective ass at the dealer.
Hmm, after frost told me about the cost of this new Ford Edge I was shocked, I really liked the display they had at the Toronto Auto Show on the Edge and the fact it had a built in Ipod doc, it was one of main the selling points for me, oh well I think I agree with frost on getting another focus or jetta next year when the focus is paid off.
Perspective.

In 1999, a 1999 Taurus SE, loaded.

Sticker: $32,450
Pages: 1 2