FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mbrp Exhaust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
euro_zx5,Oct 6 2006, 10:45 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 6 2006, 10:03 PM Wrote:Just an FYI - there are no more MBRP distributors. Either they're selling old stock they bought before, or they're telling tall tales. Every sale is directly through MBRP in Huntsville now. :)
[right][snapback]210508[/snapback][/right]

Well I think if MBRP were to stop dealers, they'd take the list off their site. I'll call a few of the local dealers to see what they tell me though, you could be right. And i'm not calling them to prove you wrong :lol: I'm actually interested in getting a system for my car, and i'd like to make sure i'm not being ripped off by any dealers :lol:
[right][snapback]210511[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

I'm not trying to be a smartass, that's exactly what Ed from MBRP told me last year and I heard more of the same last month when we were on the way down to Wonderland. :)

That's interesting... I wonder why they've left the list up? I know they still use some distributors for the truck exhausts, but all the Focus stuff is done directly through the shop in Huntsville.
Any good sound clips for the mbrp on zetec 2.0L engine? I'm hearing its either borla, mbrp, or magnaflow.....how the heck do we know what is really deep and low and what is ricey and raspy? It seems everyone's got their own subjective standards......

need some good audio clips please or a video (inside while driving, outside while idling, and reving etc). Darnit, if only they had some place where u could actually test drive it .....i'm afraid to just get my new exhaust system done without ever really knowing how its going to sound.....until the drive home with ur new setup but by that time its a little late lol.

I don't think i've heard anyone call the MBRP ricey sounding. All 3 you mentioned above are pretty respectable exhausts in the focus world.
when i first got it for my wagon - i found it a tad loud in the car but i made the wife drive it down the street and it doesnt sound that way driving past - i think its because the big baffle tube is right below the rear left passenger side

i not 100% sold on it yet but i do like it and i liking it more every day
Since were on the topic of MBRP, does the SVT 2.5in system fit on a 2005 zx3?
Phantom,Oct 8 2006, 09:47 PM Wrote:Since were on the topic of MBRP, does the SVT 2.5in system fit on a 2005 zx3?
[right][snapback]210681[/snapback][/right]

No, b/c the '05+ Focus uses a different setup for the cat (A regular cat and a smaller pre-cat for emmissions purposes) They forgot that at MBRP when I went to install mine and almost hacked off my cats on me :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 8 2006, 10:35 PM Wrote:
Phantom,Oct 8 2006, 09:47 PM Wrote:Since were on the topic of MBRP, does the SVT 2.5in system fit on a 2005 zx3?

No, b/c the '05+ Focus uses a different setup for the cat (A regular cat and a smaller pre-cat for emmissions purposes) They forgot that at MBRP when I went to install mine and almost hacked off my cats on me :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]210692[/snapback][/right]

So out of the box, is it still bolt off/bolt on to upgrade to this setup? Or was there a lot of hacking involved?
euro_zx5,Oct 9 2006, 12:56 AM Wrote:

NefCanuck

So out of the box, is it still bolt off/bolt on to upgrade to this setup? Or was there a lot of hacking involved?
[right][snapback]210697[/snapback][/right]

Yes, if you order the kit specific to the car and they put it together and ship it to you, it'll be plug & play after you get the old system off. There was a mixup when I went up there and the fab area didn't realize they were working with an '05 until I got there.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 9 2006, 07:45 PM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Oct 9 2006, 12:56 AM Wrote:

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]210697[/snapback][/right]

Yes, if you order the kit specific to the car and they put it together and ship it to you, it'll be plug & play after you get the old system off. There was a mixup when I went up there and the fab area didn't realize they were working with an '05 until I got there.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]210785[/snapback][/right]

Good to hear!
NefCanuck,Oct 8 2006, 08:35 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
Now here's the thing what if I don't care about the cats. Gotta remember I'm in Sask, there is no such thing as E-tests here. Cats can go bye bye.
Phantom,Oct 10 2006, 12:21 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Oct 8 2006, 08:35 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
Now here's the thing what if I don't care about the cats. Gotta remember I'm in Sask, there is no such thing as E-tests here. Cats can go bye bye.
[right][snapback]210826[/snapback][/right]

I'm sure they can fab up any setup you want. It will be louder of course, larger piping without resonators... :o
here's what my exhaust sounds like with 2 resonators

Click here
Heeey finally.....a good thorough clip of the MBRP. Sounds really good! 2 resonators? Did u have MBRP do that or did u add an extra resonator yourself? Is the purpose of a 2nd resonator simply to quiet the sound even more?

Is this a 1st gen or 2nd gen mbrp? Anyways, thanks for the clip, sounds great and i like the volant cai.

cornflakes,Oct 18 2006, 11:19 PM Wrote:Heeey finally.....a good thorough clip of the MBRP.  Sounds really good! 2 resonators? Did u have MBRP do that or did u add an extra resonator yourself?  Is the purpose of a 2nd resonator simply to quiet the sound even more?

Is this a 1st gen or 2nd gen mbrp?  Anyways, thanks for the clip, sounds great and i like the volant cai.
[right][snapback]212437[/snapback][/right]

that is MBRP Gen 1....i already bought it with 2 resonators on it...the previouse owner(s) welded it on.....i really didn't want y car to be loud so that was perfect for me.......any muffler shop can do it for you.....
p.s. Midos had to extend my at the end by addin like 7 inch if the pipe

02ztsian

A sample of an OBX header, no cat, MBRP gen 2 exhaust (sedan).
http://media.putfile.com/focuhostinghaust
02ztsian,Oct 19 2006, 02:47 PM Wrote:A sample of an OBX header, no cat, MBRP gen 2 exhaust (sedan).
http://media.putfile.com/focuhostinghaust
[right][snapback]212546[/snapback][/right]

sounds pretty much the same as mine wiht a gen 1 mbrp
Pages: 1 2 3