FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ebc Greenstuff Pads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Simple quastion:

Are these pads worth of buying?

one member said that they are really good, but i want to hear more opinions
I've heard good things about them every time they've been mentioned also...as far as I recall anyway.

I've never used them myself personally though.
I've used EBC Geen Stuff Pads and EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors for about 30,000KM they work well. I'm sure they would eat through the stock rotors however.
I've had the Green Stuff pads on stock rotors now for about 50K and they've worked pretty well.
Every review I've read said they were well-liked and reliable. If I have the time, they'll be the next set on my Focus.
i got a set for my svt, loved them, ... however their idea of low dust and my idea of low dust must be completley different.

They were less dusty than the svt brakes, but still pretty bad.

i noticed a bit of an increase in stopping power, (factory rotors)
scoobasteve,Sep 25 2006, 01:56 PM Wrote:They were less dusty than the svt brakes, but still pretty bad.
[right][snapback]208442[/snapback][/right]

I was gonna mention that also. Within a day or two of cleaning my rims they are back to being covered in the dust. I'm gonna put a set of the Hawk pads on this time, we'll see how low dust those are.
whats a good price for these pads?
They are on my wagon with Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors and work great! I paid $65.00 US on eBay from a company who is a super seller!
yea i heard partsource has them for like $95 CAD
So heres the way i see it.... The ford focus has crappy brakes , or better put , brakes that are extremely prone to fade after some hard braking. There are a few ways of getting around this problem.
1.) Get better pads
2.) Get better rotors/blanks
3.) Get bigger brakes
4.) Install brake cooling ducts

This cars problem with braking has to do with the extreme heat that is generated and kinda stays in the brakes. The wheel wells are very closed and tightly packed , which after a few hard stops really causes heat to build up and no dissapate. Installing more expensive brake rotors and brake pads is a good idea however, in the end the result will always be the same , you WILL crack the rotors or warp them, if you are really using the brakes or abusing them, depending if you go to the track and really drive the car.

Now, you can go and spend i dunno 300 bucks on a set of cross driller brembo brake rotors and a nice set of pads , they will withstand a little bit more heat and abuse but the problem is still there , improper cooling of the brakes themselves. This car needs brake cooling ducts. So to make a long story even longer , IMHO things like brembo brakes and expensive pads are all fine and dandy however , the result for me and probably you will always be the same , cracked rotors and cooked brake pads, ive cooked a set of ebc's green's and cracked 4 or 5 sets of stock cheapo rotors , ive also cracked my cross drilled and slotted rotors as well.

They all crack and in the end because of this they all suck, so cooling ducts and bigger brakes are the way to go with this vehicle.

I would rather crack a 22 $ brake rotor and fry some 90 $ pads then destroy something expensive like some brembo blanks and expensive pads.
I have some ideas for brake cooling ducts on the focus that dont look retarded , or stick out in anyway , but that damn transmission is in the way ....

EBC makes a quality pad, i like them , they chew through the rotors sure , they are semi metallic afterall, however it worth it for the extra bite you get from the pads , plus your brakes always look nice and bright and silver and clean :D , as for the dust with ebc's ?? i really havent noticed much to be honest , its better than the stock pads and thats good enough for me. Complaining about brake dust on your wheels is like complaining about bird poop on your car , its always going to be there and its always going to happen , especially if you actually use your brakes. Just think of it as more incentive to keep your car washed and clean.
I'm currently running Brembo cross-drilled rotors i got off ebay and Axxis ceramic pads also off ebay... was a very cheap combo i think at the most $200cdn

Brake dust is still insane though, but stopping power was greatly improved and i haven't had any problems with this set up for the last 2 seasons (no winter driving though, might make a difference that way not sure)

this setup was cheap and well worth the performance vs cost, as long as you can get over the dust (stock up on Mequier's hot wheels ;) stuff works wonders) and i am super hard with my braking too, first set of stockers was changed under warrenty, cuz i warped them at 17k. Second set was done by 25k and the current set up has been on since and i'm at 58k

how ever i already have a set of EBC rotors and green stuff pads waiting to go on when this set up is done :D
This is who i got my current rotor's from, not sure if they still offer the brembo's though.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Magnum-drilled-rotors-0...1QQcmdZViewItem

i don't see the Axxis pads any more... if i remember i got them from Australia :lol:
if your cracking rotors on the focus you've got other problems going on. Brake ducts are not necessary even witht he odd auto-x/track day.

I'm running the brembo slotted/drilled rotors and the KVR kevler pads and i'm loving them so far ... pretty much no dust at all
what do you guys do to your brakes to crack/warp the rotors? i autoX my focus frequently and i never had those problems. i have not used greenstuff.. i have used hawk hps which i think are similar, the only difference i saw was less dust. get the oe stuff and just keep cleaning the wheels, or gets hawks/ebc if they are cheaper than oe.. dont expect any performance change though..
I installed a set of greenstuff on the front with Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors and the braking power is way more powerful than stock! Way less dust too, I used to have black rims every week, this time I went three weeks and had a bit of grey
so now i just have to choose its either EBC or Hawks ......tough one
Where can I get the green pads?
I got my original green stuff pads at Steeda. I'm pretty sure they can get them still.
ANTHONYD,Oct 11 2006, 09:03 AM Wrote:Where can I get the green pads?
[right][snapback]211054[/snapback][/right]

i heard u can order them at partsource.....they bring them there the same day
Pages: 1 2