FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Vista Beta + Nforce 4 Amd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has vista beta successfully working on the Nforce 4 amd platform.

My roommate is a beta tester and he got me a copy and a license to try it out. I tried to install it and i got the BSOD once it tried to boot to windows.

any ideas

System Specs

FX-60 @ 2.8ghz
MSI Nforce 4 SLI x16 Diamond Plus
BFG Nvidia Geforce 7950GX
2gb OCZ Platinum DDR 400

I also have 3 CD drives and 3 Harddrives and a internal USB card reader.

I'm going to try removing the card reader first. then i'm out of ideas.

Also, Nvidia doesnt seem to have a platform driver set for vista 64 for this chipset, does anyone know where i can find a beta driver?

thanks
Maybe you could still use the xp-64 driver?
haha, i would if i could even get it to boot... first boot off the install + BSOD.
scoobasteve,Sep 25 2006, 11:01 AM Wrote:haha, i would if i could even get it to boot...  first boot off the install + BSOD.
[right][snapback]208401[/snapback][/right]

Oh if that's the case,

hook up only one CD rom and one HDD. No PCI cards or any other s***. Just your MOBO, CPU (with fan) Ram, mouse, keyboard, and video card (with monitor).

Keep it as basic as it can get.

Boot up into the BIOS and disable all unnecessary stuff (ie network card, RAID, onboard audio, etc).

If you can't boot up with the barebones, you can't boot whatsoever.

Try also using an older vid card.
I've registered for the 32-bit and 64-bit flavours but I'm really not worried about it until next year or so when we'll have the option of ordering it for work machines.

As for your problem, make sure you're loading any preliminary drivers with the F6 option (at least, it used to be there!) before actually doing the install.

Are your HDs (presumably SATA/2) sitting on a NVRAID adapter, or are they plain SATA?

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download...betadriver.html - the third and fourth spaces are for RC1 and Beta 2 for Vista, respectively.
Sweet.... Thanks guys.