FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2006 Focus Photo Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, we've completed our 2006 FocusCanada.net Niagara cruise and scavenger hunt. I hope everyone had a good time!

Congratulations to Sundown and FocusMan,focus for winning 1st prize at this event! (due to an accounting error, focusman, focus tied for first with Sundown, not second place as originally announced at the cruise).

Now for the site-wide contest.... A lot of pictures were taken of cars this weekend, and now FocusCanada would like to offer those taking the pictures a chance to have their work and their car on our front page!

Please post you best pictures of your car from Sunday, Sept 24, 2006 here to be included in the judging. Deadline for submission is Tuesday, Sept 26 @ noon at which point this thread will be closed and judging will commence!

Winners will be announced later in the week, with their picture featuring on Focuscanada's entry page. The winner will also receive an Esso gas card for their efforts.

who can enter?
Any member of focuscanada.net. Pictures must have been taken on Sunday, Sept 24, 2006.
Bear in mind these got scaled down because I'm a photobucket n00b and I haven't the editing skills to make them shine either :( (I have the unmolested images on my HD)

1st photo of car - at Dufferin Lake

2nd shot of car - at Dufferin Lake

3rd shot of car - at floral clock

4th shot of car - at Brock Monument

And the whole album, PM me if you want the originals (2MB + for each pic) NOTL 2006 Album

NefCanuck
All these shots were taken today during the meet, or after the meet here in Hamilton:

Album

[Image: IMG_90792.jpg]

[Image: IMG_90753.jpg]

[Image: IMG_90745.jpg]

[Image: IMG_90262.jpg]

[Image: IMG_90252.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9062.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9024.jpg]
Here are some of the shots I snapped today. This is the link to my PHOTOBUCKET. But here are a couple of my favorites. These have been reduced, if full size images are ruquired I can e-mail them.
[Image: NiagaraCruise200600003.jpg]
[Image: NiagaraCruise200600007.jpg]
[Image: NiagaraCruise200600016.jpg]

Enjoy.

I just noticed the date on my camera is wrong. I think midnight is set for 12 noon. Sorry guys. All photos submitted were taken today.

Addition. I cropped another one of the photos that I took at the golf course. Its a photo of me and Sundown.
[Image: NiagaraCruise200600021-1.jpg]
Okay here are a couple that I like that I took today with my brothers Digital! The pics would have been nicer in the sun, but you take what you can get!!!

[Image: CarPet7.jpg]

[Image: CarPet11.jpg]

These 2 are added for the " SUPPORT OUR TROOPS " campaign !!!

[Image: CarPet2.jpg]

[Image: CarPet4.jpg]

Some more....

[Image: CarPet8.jpg]

[Image: CarPet13.jpg]

And the last one off the Digital !!!

[Image: CarPet6.jpg]

Thanks!
Lookin' good guys.

I saw a couple I think may be worthy.
zx3guy2000 - i love the new look! it's 100% better with the mirrors painted red! and the kit looks sweet B)
I only have a couple of pics since my camara died half way throught the hunt so this is all i have

[Image: SA400316.jpg]

[Image: SA400318.jpg]

[Image: SA400322.jpg]

[Image: SA400323.jpg]

[Image: SA400326.jpg]

This is My Fav Pic So Far

[Image: NiagraFocuscruiz024.jpg]
[Image: cp17.jpg]

[Image: cp16.jpg]

[Image: cp11.jpg]

[Image: cp7.jpg]

[Image: cp3.jpg]

[Image: cp4.jpg]

[Image: cp5.jpg]

[Image: cp20.jpg]

[Image: cp21.jpg]

Here is just a sample of the better pics.
But I think we have a real contender with the picture that ZX3 2NV took of ticketz car.
I agree the pic of ticketz car on the red pavers rocks!!!
Meford, I like that one shot of DP's 'Stang of the "one eye" makes the car look all the meaner if you ask me :bowdown:

NefCanuck
Here are some pictures from my collection (I was teamed up with meford4u's boy):

[Image: 100_1596c.jpg]

[Image: 100_1600c.jpg]

[Image: 100_1605c.jpg]

[Image: 100_1607c.jpg]

[Image: 100_1594c.jpg]

The rest of the pictures: NOTL 2006 album
some great pics guys! (and I haven't even seen them all since I have to squeeze them down a proxy via intranet via VPN)...

Bryan, I needs to get the originals off of ya's. (damnit, now I remember what i was going to do for this cruise...d'oh!).

meford4u,Sep 25 2006, 02:18 PM Wrote:[Image: cp17.jpg]

needed to turn the autofocus off on this one IMO.. the fence is the focused item. (see the pic of dan I took).

There are some nice shots here!

Why can't we just rotate them on the mainpage?
there's no saying we can't... but there still MUST be a winner!
ANTHONYD,Sep 26 2006, 08:35 AM Wrote:There are some nice shots here!

Why can't we just rotate them on the mainpage?
[right][snapback]208506[/snapback][/right]

Y'know shame you weren't able to make it out Anthony, now that I think about it. If we paired up your car and mine in a pic we would have the perfect Christmas time shot :lol:

NefCanuck
Times Up!

This thread and the contest are now closed. Thanks for all that entered.