FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gettin Screwed Around
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I don't mind buying stuff off of car boards, it's usually better than going the ebay route. Every purchase I've made from the people of the FC board has been really amazing. Great contact and shipping, all the works.

I've bought something off of a diffrent board. I paid right away, and the contact with the seller was good..... until he decided to tell me there was a large ammount of rust on the item right before he was about to ship it. I told him to send me pictures of how bad it was... no contact.

I send him other various messages.. still no contact. It's been about a week.

Ok, I might have got screwed, I can deal with that..

It's just that they keep posting on the board still!! Many times per day!

What do you do in a situation like that? Post topics on the board about it? Keep on with the PMs?
If you payed him with paypal open up a dispute!
But only if your sure that your not getting your items! This has worked in the past when I was getting screwed with a guy on FF. Got my full refund of the purchase price!

contact admin

if it was on FF.com S2 is one of the main admins on there, then you should def talk to him
2 of the games I recently bought for my dreamcast from ebay were fakes. They were burnt copies of import games, with printed jackets/covers with no instruction manuals. I was pissed that Soul Caliber doesn't work, but happy that Shenmue 2 works, as this is likely one of the rarest games EVER made for the DC. It was only released in Japan while the DC was doing ok there still, and Sega had pulled it from NA.

I also paid with paypal, and after paying the guy, I got an email from ebay saying the guy was no longer an ebay registered user. Way I figure, is he sold burnt games to a lot of people, and then took off before getting caught...

Next time I'll be more carefull about shelling out 35 bux for a single game...
It was actually from FocalJet. And I did send through paypal.. for a paypal dispute do they like to see e-mails more than PMs? I could start sending them to his e-mail address i guess instead of his focaljet..
Kelowna_Focus,Sep 23 2006, 11:10 AM Wrote:It was actually from FocalJet. And I did send through paypal.. for a paypal dispute do they like to see e-mails more than PMs? I could start sending them to his e-mail address i guess instead of his focaljet..
[right][snapback]208188[/snapback][/right]

You can (and should) communicate directly with him through your paypal account.

Login to PayPal ... go to the "Resolution Centre" tab and then click on item not recieved ... you will be able to communicate directly with the seller and the communications are logged and tracked by PayPal.

This way you waste no time, he knows you mean business, and you've done the CYA thing with PayPal. I'm not sure, but I think they may even put a hold on any funds he has in his PayPal account, pending the resolution.
I'd say I agree with the above and if he still doesn't respond or whatever then make a post about it, basically calling him out.
focusracer,Sep 23 2006, 10:45 AM Wrote:I'd say I agree with the above and if he still doesn't respond or whatever then make a post about it, basically calling him out.
[right][snapback]208208[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the help guys, off to paypal I go.
And dispute SENT.
Kelowna_Focus,Sep 23 2006, 06:19 PM Wrote:And dispute SENT.
[right][snapback]208247[/snapback][/right]

Haha, the very next day I get contact with the guy and he sends me the pictures I wanted. I guess the paypal dispute got his attention.

Thanks for the help guys!