FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tribute: Cf Members Lost To Afghanistan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/Drive...bute800x600.flv

I'll see if this works, and if it does, then I need no introduction. Just that be warned, some people can't help but well up and maybe start crying. I'm a grown-ass man in the Army, and didn't know any of them personally, and the first time I watched this, I cried. I didn't make it, someone involved with combat camera.com made it, and distributed it over the cdn army internet.

Thx for viewing...
What do you all think of the video, that is...if it worked for you?
Great video. It just shows how much our armed forces are paying to keep us here safe from terror. My buddy just started basic i hope to never see him on one of these videos. Thanks.
Thanks for the video, a good reminder of what has happened recently. Definitley something for people to see regardless of their thoughts on the fighting going on over there. I know a number of guys over there between the Canadian, U.S. and British militaries and I hope every day that I don't receive a phone call that one of them has paid the ultimate price in a war that makes little sense to many.
Thx for the feedback... :)
focusracer,Sep 23 2006, 01:41 PM Wrote:Thanks for the video, a good reminder of what has happened recently. Definitley something for people to see regardless of their thoughts on the fighting going on over there. [right][snapback]208206[/snapback][/right]
x2 - well put.

I for one support the way our country is standing up for human rights, law, due process and multinationalism ... and although the UN is seriously flawed, it is still the only worldwide body capable of providing a counterbalance to the likes of the U.S., China, and the so-called rogue nations ... the U.N. is still the only structure available for the nations of the world to resolve disputes and to act in support of countries like Afghanistan that are unable to help themselves.

That there are Canadians willing to serve and die for our country and the causes it supports even if it means serving half way around the world, is IMO something we should all be very, very thankful for ... Karzai's right -- we are a model to the world on how to do it right -- and the sacrifices made by these guys and gals and their families is IMO testimony to the character of this country.

And I thought that video did a great job of capturing the combination of pride and sadness I feel when I think of our losses in Afghanistan. The only thing missing (or maybe I missed it) was a pic of the Canadian diplomat who also lost his life -- not military I know, but no less of a sacrifice.

Great video, reminds us all of how lucky we really are. I also just recently applied for a career in the CF, this video is a reminder of why I did.
Touching.

Ian Thanks for the dedication.