FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Please Read! Please Respond!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!!!

I know I'm not the most regular poster on this board, but I am reaching out to the community for a little bit of help.

I'm doing a study on Sirius and XM satellite radio for class.

Sirius

XM Radio

I would really like to know your opinions on Sirius.

Please answer the poll and if possible these following questions in your reply.

Questions:

1. Do you have a Sirius subscription?

2. Do you plan to keep your subscription?

3 Why do you plan to keep or discontinue your subsription?

4. Do you plan to get a Sirius subscription?

5. Is Sirius radio to expensive?

6. Is the subcription to expensive, the head unit, or both?

7. If you don't have a subscription...why?

(ie. no interest? to expensive? not a large advantage over regular radio or other mediums...etc)
Not really interested because my motor sounds better than any band out there. :wub:
Yeah not interested either, it's still FM in quality and I'd rather buy/burn CD's.....

So for me, it's all about 'sound quality'. Plus those huge ass suction cup things on the windshield look retarded. Maybe if they incorporated it into the HU, which I think they are starting to do on some car models.
3GFX,Sep 20 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:1.  Do you have a Sirius subscription?
No
3GFX,Sep 20 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:2. Do you plan to keep your subscription?
n/a
3GFX,Sep 20 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:3 Why do you plan to keep or discontinue your subsription?
n/a
3GFX,Sep 20 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:4. Do you plan to get a Sirius subscription?
Maybe
3GFX,Sep 20 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:5. Is Sirius radio to expensive?
A little.
3GFX,Sep 20 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:6. Is the subcription to expensive, the head unit, or both?
Subscription is a little much for listening to the radio you just bought.
3GFX,Sep 20 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:7. If you don't have a subscription...why?
Waiting until its fully integrated with my head unit, then perhaps pickup a subscription to try out.

1. Do you have a Sirius subscription? - YES

2. Do you plan to keep your subscription? - YES

3 Why do you plan to keep or discontinue your subsription? - Love the variety of music channels without commercials, various talk and comedy, sports

4. Do you plan to get a Sirius subscription? - Already have Sirius

5. Is Sirius radio to expensive? - No

6. Is the subcription to expensive, the head unit, or both? - No

7. If you don't have a subscription...why? - I would get multiple subscriptions to use in other car/home/work. It is better than transferring the unit back and forth between locations.
3GFX,Sep 20 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:Hello everyone!!!

Questions:

1.  Do you have a Sirius subscription?

(ie. no interest? to expensive? not a large advantage over regular radio or other mediums...etc)
[right][snapback]207827[/snapback][/right]

1. No

2. N/A

3. N/A

4. No

5. Yes

6. The subscription

7. Satillete Radio offers me nothing that I can't achieve by burning mp3 CD's and tossing 'em in the stock HU changer (Non interrupted music) all I use regular radio for is traffic updates

NefCanuck
I like the idea of these satillete radios, but really I love having local radio for the news and traffic, Plus it's nice to be able to call your local radio station to have them play a song you want to hear. plus if nothings on I like my CD's.
3GFX,Sep 20 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:Hello everyone!!!

I know I'm not the most regular poster on this board, but  I am reaching out to the community for a little bit of help.

I'm doing a study on Sirius and XM satellite radio for class.

Sirius

XM Radio

I would really like to know your opinions on Sirius.

Please answer the poll and if possible these following questions in your reply.

Questions:

No

N/A

N/A

No.

Nope, it's just not interesting.

Neither. It's simply a stop-gap measure until all radio becomes satellite and returns to the free model. Those paying for it now are chumps. And that includes my brother. No offense to those here personally that have it, but that's my opinion.

As above has already stated. Besides, radio is free, your favourite bands are available on CD/DVD... why pay for something else that others hear for free for the chance to hear your favourite bands?
I have no interest in paying for radio, maybe if I got a new vehicle and it came with the service free for a couple months and I enjoyed it I would keep subscribing, or maybe if the receiver was free I would try it but at this point I refuse to pay the costs associated with it.
SVT ZX3,Sep 21 2006, 10:55 AM Wrote:I have no interest in paying for radio, maybe if I got a new vehicle and it came with the service free for a couple months and I enjoyed it I would keep subscribing, or maybe if the receiver was free I would try it but at this point I refuse to pay the costs associated with it.
[right][snapback]207909[/snapback][/right]
same here..

if only somenoe made it to receive signals without subscription , i might use it hehehe
3GFX,Sep 20 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:Questions:

Yes

Yes

Commercial free music, Playboy Radio, Howard Stern, Bubba the love sponge, Nascar radio coming in January. Great Comedy channels I listen to it from 9am until i go home at around 5 pm. before 9 I listen to Chez 106. I have US Sirius. Dunno if it's different or not. You can buy US models at any truck stop. Just subscribe online, Use your credit card and make up some fake or real US address.

Duh!

No

No

Questions:

yes
yes
Bluetoy talked me into buying sirius, I already had FM, AM(whatever that is!!!), 10 disk MP3, and DVD, and to tell you the truth there was still times when I wanted something different and the Sirius filled in the gap. Lots of different programming, different decades of music and of course Tiffany Granath at 2 on playboy, now nascar in January,,, My vote is well worth the money if you spend lots of time in a vehicle

not really
not really

not a regular poster that was his first post WHat the Fwack
DD1,Sep 23 2006, 09:47 PM Wrote:not a regular poster that was his first post WHat the Fwack
[right][snapback]208248[/snapback][/right]

That was quite the help to his poll! Nice work!

And as for his post count, he's actually posted five times in total, his count only shows one... why, I do not know... maybe based on relevance to the Focus board.

And to attempt helping this poll:

No.

n/a.

n/a.

No.

No.

None.

CD is just fine, and i'd rather not add another monthly bill to my list.
Questions:

1. Do you have a Sirius subscription? Yup, for 3 cars, I can't live/drive without it.

2. Do you plan to keep your subscription? Of course.

3 Why do you plan to keep or discontinue your subsription? There's always good music playing, I have it set up so that whenever a band or song that I have stored is playing on any station it prompts me and I can tune to those stations. The ability to drive from my house to Timmins, or New Jersey, or Michigan or Montreal etc. and keep listening to the same station(s) is facking awesome.

5. Is Sirius radio to expensive? The $15 a month is well worth it, I don't buy CD's anymore, I don't download music, don't need to buy a MP3 player, it's worth is.

6. Is the subcription to expensive, the head unit, or both? $100 for the headunit, cheap.