FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Vw Brings Back The Mk4 Golf And Jetta For 2007
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2007 Volkswagen City Golf & City Jetta

The previous generation Volkswagen Golf hatchback and Jetta sedan have returned for the 2007 model year with new, lower price-tags. Starting at just $14,900, the four-door 2007 City Golf is more than $3,600 cheaper than the 2006 Golf CL, and more than $6,000 cheaper than new four-door Rabbit. Starting at $16,700, the 2007 City Jetta is more than $8,000 cheaper than the 2005 Jetta and the redesigned 2006 Jetta. Basically compact cars at a subcompact price, the new City Golf and City Jetta will compete with entry-level subcompacts like the Toyota Yaris and Honda Fit on price, and help fill a gap left by the absence of diesel Rabbits and Jettas in 2007.

Full Article click here:
I actually like the older ones better... glad to see they're making a reappearance. Weird thing is, not long after they were converted to the newer gen style... they're deciding to bring back an 'older' design?!
euro_zx5,Sep 20 2006, 11:41 AM Wrote:they're deciding to bring back an 'older' design?!
[right][snapback]207776[/snapback][/right]

not to Quote myself again here but I will lol..

Quote:The new City Golf and City Jetta will compete with entry-level subcompacts like the Toyota Yaris and Honda Fit on price

and I too agree I liked the MK4 Jetta myself, when the focus is paid off next year I can put it the I can afford it catagory now that its lower in price. Of course I plan on keeping the Focus.
That's an interesting notion. The Jetta's a fine car, so long as the wiring doesn't BBQ you.
At 6k cheaper than the mk5 bodystyle, its a hell of a price. the only setback is now there will be more mk4's on the road and the price will depreciate even more
paolo,Sep 24 2006, 07:34 PM Wrote:At 6k cheaper than the mk5 bodystyle,  its a hell of a price. the only setback is now there will be more mk4's on the road and the price will depreciate even more
[right][snapback]208321[/snapback][/right]

Which makes them even cheaper as project cars :)