FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: First Accident In The Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a sad day here in Ottawa, not only because it's raining, but because my brand new focus has been upset.... someone hit my back bumper (on the passenger side, nearish to the quarter panel).... I have paint scraped off the entire bumper, right down to the plastic.... :(

I have absolutely no recourse in this because I was not around when it happened. In fact, the last time I drove the car, I did a walk-around (like I always do) before I got in, and everything was fine. I drove home, parked in the driveway, and the next morning woke up to the little *problem*..

I'm currently looking for options for repair that don't include removing the entire bumper and having it repainted. If anyone in the Ottawa area know some good places, could you please fill me in??

Thanks
You'll have to remove the bumper. They can't blow paint properly on a bumper with it attached to the car. :(

If they say they can...GOTO ANOTHER SHOP.
/\/\/\ What he said
I can take it off for ya then you can bring it to the painter to get it painted. should save you some cash.
ahhh. that sucks.. I remember this happened to me and i wasn't around.. luckily someone else was around and took the plate for me..

hope it won't be too expensive.. my front bumper cost me 350$ to paint (insurance covered it though)
i know a good painter
i have a stock zx3 rear bumper in black its only 4 months old
i want to get rid of it for its taking up space
the only problem is i live in guelph
That sucks... but I remember seeing your face when you looked at the dent on my hood, remember at the bbq? :lol: Now I don't feel as bad, having a newer Focus with dings and scratches! :P

Bottom line, your bumper needs extensive work, and has to come off. At least you have an offer to buy a new one to get prepped rather than having your car sit in a shop for a few days.

And... :postpics: :P
Sorry to hear.. that totally sucks...

hope you get it sorted out.

need an extra sticker for the meanwhile to cover the area?
euro_zx5,Sep 19 2006, 07:57 PM Wrote:That sucks... but I remember seeing your face when you looked at the dent on my hood, remember at the bbq? :lol: Now I don't feel as bad, having a newer Focus with dings and scratches! :P

Bottom line, your bumper needs extensive work, and has to come off. At least you have an offer to buy a new one to get prepped rather than having your car sit in a shop for a few days.

And... :postpics: :P
[right][snapback]207716[/snapback][/right]

Ouch.... sorry about that :)

As for the zx3 bumped, I'm going to stick with mine. I've got the GFX package, and the bumper isn't cracked or anything... so there's no point buying a new one which will have to be painted anyways. Thanks for the offer though

And puppet.... still waiting for my first sticker. By the time I got one to 'cover up' the scratch, it'll be fixed ;)
Now with pictures

Before the incident

[Image: P9010037.jpg]

And after...

[Image: P9200218.jpg]

[Image: P9200223.jpg]

[Image: P9200225.jpg]
That's discouraging to say the least. I bet you want to pound someone for screwing with your first new car. I am assuming that this is your first new car BTW.
It's an easy fix for a body shop. Off comes the bumper, a little sanding, prime paint clearcoat your back on the road in a day.
But I'm sure that doesn't help your anger level knowing someone out there hit your car and didn't even have the conscious?? to leave a note.
Yeah, this is my first new car. I used to own a Toyota Tercel (white lightening) that was held together at the rusted out points...
In all honesty, I'm trying to figure out where it could have happened, whether or not my last 'circle check' was complete enough... although, as you can tell from the pictures, the scrape is pretty obvious. I was chatting with this guy at colorworks.ca (he's done jobs for my dads company, and they turned out great), and he said he could try to tape it off, sand it down, prime it (with flex additive), base and clear coat, and then a final wet sand to blend the line. He said that his colour matching is 95-99% (depending on if there's any pearl or metallic, which there isn't). 100$ for the job. I'm half tempted to try it out (especially because it's on the bumper, not on a flat panel), and then if I'm not satisfied, when I can afford it, bring in the whole bumper for a paint job. Make sense?

Oh, and about the conscious thing... it just plain sucks.... people these days don't give two s**ts about others' possessions... but that's another bag of worms altogether