FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: All The Info For The Niagara Cruise.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay everyone. Here are the deatils as promised. A little late, but here they are.

We are meeting at The Gateway to Niagara at 11am on Sunday September 24th

Map..........

[Image: cruisemap.jpg]

What it looks like..........

[Image: Grimsby.jpg]

The Gateway to Niagara is located on the opposite side of the lake. Take the QEW Niagara to Casablanca. Turn towards the escarpment (right if your coming from Toronto/Hamilton) and we meet behind the Tim Horton's in the parking lot.

I would like to get a list of attendees. I realize we can get slowed down in the morning and traffic might be a headache, so please sign up if your coming, as we will give you some extra time to find us if needed.

The following have signed up so far.........

1. meford4u and son
2. Darkpuppet
3. KING OF KANCE KANCELLS AGAIN! :(
4. NefCanuck
5. NikiterZTS
6. ZX5focused
7. habmann
8. ZX3guy2000
9. eSVeetv
10. euroZX5
11. torradan
12. sweetg
13. Focus man, focus
14. Sundown
15. dBlast

Add your name to the list if you are attending. Take it off if you cannot attend.

We will be leaving from Grimsby and making our way to Niagara Falls to the park across from Whirlpool where we gathered last year. Will we do the same cruise? No. But that is being discussed.

You need to bring or arrange the following...........

1. A camera.........we prefer digital, but we can team you up with someone with a digital camera if necessary.
2. Food. Whether you bring your own and BBQ it there or there are fast food places within a 5 minute drive. We are probably going to eat after the event, but that is flexible and will be determined by the hunger level at the time.
3. A little money. Probably less than $10, but you will have to buy items during the hunt. Most of the items and information are free.
4. If you have a portable walkie talkie or whatever they are called, bring it.
5. You will need a map of the Niagara region. I/we will not be supplying them as this is a scavenger hunt and you actually will have to do some work this year. And for those men that hate to stop and ask for directions? Your in trouble.
6. A pen/pencil

Here is the outline of events for the Scavenger Hunt, without giving too much away.

Once we gather and the information is given out, you will be sent out on your way to find the locations and items within the Niagara Region. You will be required to take no less than Three(3) pictures that will be used throughout the site. The Grand Prize winner for Best Photo will have their picture predominently displayed as Page One. That's Right, no more looking at the best car on the site. :P But those who do not attend the event will be participating right along with you......

NefCanuck (Daniel) and I will be out on the course with you. We will be moving from location to location, so you have to find us. If you do find us, then bonus points are awarded for getting one of us in a picture.

You will have a time limit of 2 hours. So get what you can, plan wisely, and have fun. If your late coming back, then for every 5 minutes you lose 25 points. Don't be late. We will meet up again at the starting point.

You will not be given a map, nor, in most cases will you be given addresses. All of the locations are historic/ famous landmarks located along the Niagara Parkway(this is a huge hint people).

See this thread for the out-of-towners who would like to participate in the photo contest but cannot attend the Niagara Cruise.
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=18657

[Image: cruse9.jpg]

1. meford4u and son
2. Darkpuppet
3. AnthonyD
4. NefCanuck
5. NikiterZTS
6. ZX5focused
7. habmann
8. Delete
9. eSVeetv
10. euroZX5
11. torradan
12. sweetg
13. Focus man, focus
14. Sundown
15. dBlast

Ill take place of #8 i guess weather permitting

1. meford4u and son
2. Darkpuppet
3. AnthonyD
4. NefCanuck
5. NikiterZTS
6. ZX5focused
7. habmann
8. ZX3 2NV (Weather Permitting)
9. eSVeetv
10. euroZX5
11. torradan
12. sweetg
13. Focus man, focus
14. Sundown
15. dBlast
free bump so you don't miss it!
bump
I'll be in Pet this weekend visiting my brother, sis-in-law and newphew!!!
bump for NOTL cruise!
[Image: d.gif] 60% chance of rain
60% on Saturday actually... only 40% on Sunday! :P Almost like last year, except we got lucky and ended up with no rain... I hope we get as lucky this year.

The Weather Network
euro_zx5,Sep 21 2006, 08:56 AM Wrote:60% on Saturday actually... only 40% on Sunday! :P Almost like last year, except we got lucky and ended up with no rain... I hope we get as lucky this year.

The Weather Network
[right][snapback]207894[/snapback][/right]

Gah, with a 60% chance of rain Saturday I can't see how I'm gonna wash the car ahead of time :angry:

No way am I insane enough to get up at 7AM on a Sunday to wash the car, I leave that to the "dedicated" among us :P

NefCanuck
Just got Jays Tickets to sit in the owner's box.

Comped everything.

I may be out.

K.O.K Baybee! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
is anybody bringing anything for sale to this criuse?
Probably not. There really isn't any time to do it.

Unless you contact someone you know who is coming that has something you want.
looks like im out guys.
have fun, take lots of pics
and ill see you guys in the spring!!!
I'm out boys.

I just got invited to sit in the owners box for the Jays VS. BoSox with passes to the clubhouse with the president of my company.

Sorry fellas.

KOK STRIKES AGAIN!

Take pics.
ANTHONYD,Sep 22 2006, 01:45 PM Wrote:I'm out boys.

I just got invited to sit in the owners box for the Jays VS. BoSox with passes to the clubhouse with the president of my company.

Sorry fellas.

KOK STRIKES AGAIN!

Take pics.
[right][snapback]208112[/snapback][/right]

Have fun at the game, but don't piss off the Jays manager while your in the clubhouse. Unlike Ted Lily I think John Gibbons could take you on and win :P

NefCanuck
I'm going as a career move. I'll be with some pretty important people in my field.

Sorry guys.

1. meford4u and son
2. Darkpuppet
3. AnthonyD
4. NefCanuck
5. NikiterZTS
6. ZX5focused
7. habmann
8. Delete
9. eSVeetv
10. euroZX5
11. torradan
12. sweetg
13. Focus man, focus
14. Sundown
15. dBlast
16.sweetg
Sorry guys I'm out for tomorrow. I'm buried under a mountain of homework this weekend. Hope the weather holds out for you guys.
bump
this is scary...i might not be able to make it out tomorrow

p.s if you guys are going to be using walki-talki what channel are you going to be on?
Pages: 1 2 3