FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dvd-vhs Combo Recorder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are looking to purchase a dvd-vhs recorder combo machine to back up 3 households worth of vhs tapes onto DVD's.

Does anyone have experience with, or own one of these machines? Anyone got any info on what to look for as far as features go? Brands?

any help is appreciated

I have a Pioneer model we won last year at the company golf tourney. It works really well, especially with DVD-Rs and -RWs. The quality (off standard digital cable) is phenomenal. I'll get you the model number when I get home tonight if you want.
Just remember, most machines don't copy from one drive to the other. You'll have to get a separate vhs player or dvd burner and use an RCA cable.
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 18 2006, 01:53 PM Wrote:Just remember, most machines don't copy from one drive to the other.  You'll have to get a separate vhs player or dvd burner and use an RCA cable.
[right][snapback]207534[/snapback][/right]

isnt that the whole point of a combo recorder?
microbunny,Sep 18 2006, 02:05 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 18 2006, 01:53 PM Wrote:Just remember, most machines don't copy from one drive to the other.  You'll have to get a separate vhs player or dvd burner and use an RCA cable.
[right][snapback]207534[/snapback][/right]

isnt that the whole point of a combo recorder?
[right][snapback]207536[/snapback][/right]

i mean that the combo recorder can't record from one of its drives, to its other drive.

Just double check with the manufacturer before you buy.
There are some models that will record a dvd from the vhs source, but yeah you have to look for that feature. A lot of them are just a combo box (dvd player + vhs player) that they added dvd recording to..
Microbunny, if your interested... I have started to offer a VHS to DVD conversion services in one of my offices that I own. I also will offer you a promotional price since you have been a good friend. P.S. can you get back to me, you dont seem to be answering any PM's?
paolo,Mar 21 2009, 12:11 PM Wrote:Microbunny, if your interested... I have started to offer a VHS to DVD conversion services in one of my offices that I own. I also will offer you a promotional price since you have been a good friend.  P.S. can you get back to me, you dont seem to be answering any PM's?
[right][snapback]283145[/snapback][/right]

No access to internet in jail. He might get out for good behavior soon.
paolo,Mar 21 2009, 12:11 PM Wrote:Microbunny, if your interested... I have started to offer a VHS to DVD conversion services in one of my offices that I own. I also will offer you a promotional price since you have been a good friend.  P.S. can you get back to me, you dont seem to be answering any PM's?
now you're bumping 3 year old threads :rolleyes:

02ztsian

He hasn't been active in over 2 years.
Was this thread honestly revived... seriously. The dates are insane!

Oh, and as a good friend of Paul, could you get him to refund me and many others the $40 we paid him for the mazda3 rear wiper we never received? That would be GREAT!
euro_zx5,Mar 21 2009, 07:22 PM Wrote:Was this thread honestly revived... seriously. The dates are insane!

Oh, and as a good friend of Paul, could you get him to refund me and many others the $40 we paid him for the mazda3 rear wiper we never received? That would be GREAT!
[right][snapback]283172[/snapback][/right]
If your his good friend, How is it possbible that I get him to do that? you said your a good friend of Paul, heck I dont even have his phone number or e-mail, shouldn't you? Then I can try to refund your guys money, heck I might even ask for an additonal $40 for myself
paolo,Mar 22 2009, 09:13 AM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Mar 21 2009, 07:22 PM Wrote:Was this thread honestly revived... seriously. The dates are insane!

[right][snapback]283172[/snapback][/right]
If your his good friend, How is it possbible that I get him to do that? you said your a good friend of Paul, heck I dont even have his phone number or e-mail, shouldn't you? Then I can try to refund your guys money, heck I might even ask for an additonal $40 for myself
[right][snapback]283180[/snapback][/right]

lol no you said he was a good friend to you, so I was under the assumption you could help get all our cash back. I only met him once in person at one of our bbq's.
LOL Paolo are you playing stupid?
dBlast,Mar 21 2009, 02:17 PM Wrote:

No access to internet in jail. He might get out for good behavior soon.
[right][snapback]283152[/snapback][/right]
The bunny is in jail? Who knew?

And Paolo, stay away from the weed man. It makes you stupider than you already are. :ph34r:
meford4u,Mar 22 2009, 11:24 AM Wrote:And Paolo, stay away from the weed man.  It makes you stupider than you already are. :ph34r:
[right][snapback]283185[/snapback][/right]

are you saying I can keep your $40 bucks you paid microbunny? ok how about this, i'll buy a pitcher of beer at the next saint louis beer n wings nite with that $40 bucks, maybe i can get 2 pichers out of it if its cheap beer nite.. u better be there, cus i know you love to drink beer esp straight from the pitcher.

btw, how did you know my new job at Weed Man lawn care? did u want an estimate for your lawn?
paolo,Mar 22 2009, 12:24 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Mar 22 2009, 11:24 AM Wrote:And Paolo, stay away from the weed man.  It makes you stupider than you already are. :ph34r:
[right][snapback]283185[/snapback][/right]

are you saying I can keep your $40 bucks you paid microbunny? ok how about this, i'll buy a pitcher of beer at the next saint louis beer n wings nite with that $40 bucks, maybe i can get 2 pichers out of it if its cheap beer nite.. u better be there, cus i know you love to drink beer esp straight from the pitcher.

btw, how did you know my new job at Weed Man lawn care? did u want an estimate for your lawn?
[right][snapback]283192[/snapback][/right]
What $40? Bunny owes me $$$?

Okay, let's say he does. You can buy beer. I'll allow that. :blink: