FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gatineau Hills Cruise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alrighty.... so there's interest in featuring an Eastern Ontario get together... so here is my idea (which was voiced a few weeks ago)...

On October 1st (that's a Sunday people), lets meet on the Ottawa side at about 12(nearish to the War Museum, I would think??), and take a drive up into Gatineau Park.

Let's get up to Champlain lookout, for a great chance at some photo ops, and a fun little drive as well.

If you could answer in this thread whether you're interested in joinging, or PM me, that would be great... and we'll get the full details out as soon as I can confirm approximately how many people are coming.

Cheers guys!

EDIT:

The reason I chose this weekend, is because it is before the Park road access actually closes for the winter months
I'm in weather pending!
I'll have to check the work schedule, and the pregnant wife schedule... :)

Ryan
wedding pending..... not mine :D
I'll know better closer to the date, but I'd like to go!
I'd be in for sure.. I've only been to the parks like twice this year.. would like to go before winter.. drive is always nice in fall too..

Count me in.. unless we end up being like 2 cars or something :)

Just update this thread with details when you have some.. (meeting place, time etc.)
I'm out. I'm stuck working that weekend now... :(

Ryan
I'm there, just need time/plce/directions from the 417... hope the turnout is good!
Would anyone mind if we had some members for http://www.newtiburon.com attend for the cruise portion ???? I know a couple of them are interested but I thought I would post here first!
ZX3guy2000,Sep 21 2006, 09:10 PM Wrote:Would anyone mind if we had some members for    http://www.newtiburon.com  attend for the cruise portion ????  I know a couple of them are interested but I thought I would post here first!
[right][snapback]208005[/snapback][/right]

I'm cool with that!!!
Allright with me...
Getting closer!

Tentative attendies!

Taliesin
ZX5Chica
FloFocus
ZX3Guy2000
BerinG
02SVTGuy

Just need time and place to meet!

I'm not too familiar with Ottawa overall...I's need directions, like after getting off the 417...I just want to get off the highway at like Bank street, or any other one you reccomend...

For now, I'm a tentative attendee...
Alright guys... we're going to meet at westgate shopping centre at 12:00. We will start the cruise shortly after. Here is a link for a map for the Westgate centre.... and If we can all meet on the Royal Bank end (west end), that would be awesome. There is a parking lot around the side of the building just there.

Map to Westgate

If you need more info, PM me.

The boss said we can go.

Are we stopping anywhere to chill...take pics??? i wanna bring my dog, he hasnt been for a good car ride in a while...
I assume we'll stop and take pics in the Hills (Champlain or Étienne Brulé lookout i guess) but im not sure you are allowed animals everywhere..

http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/bins/ncc_w...05-16419&lang=1

Etienne brule i think is a "picnic" area.. not sure about champlain, there no tables or anything at that one..

Anyway Ill be there
Champlain does have a great lookout... but Etienne Brule has a picnic area... Maybe stop at both??

I was also thinking of driving up one side, and going back down the Fortuine way
ZX5chica,Sep 27 2006, 10:29 AM Wrote:Champlain does have a great lookout... but Etienne Brule has a picnic area... Maybe stop at both??

Yeah I was just saying caus it says on their website that you can't have dogs in a picnic area.. I personally dont mind.. we (friends) would usually go to Champlain (but then its always packed with people) and then go back down to the more quiet Etienne Brûlé..

ZX5chica,Sep 27 2006, 10:29 AM Wrote:I was also thinking of driving up one side, and going back down the Fortuine way
[right][snapback]208735[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I agree, let do that
Guess the macster is staying home :(
Sweet ... we will be there!
Pages: 1 2 3